Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th June 2004
booboo
BS.Guest

Default display in bulgarian language is nonsense

I luv bsplayer but wen i try to switch it to bulgarian in shows up as nonsense symbols....i was wondering wat i have to do to either bsplayer or most likely windows to fix it....thanks for ne help.....
Old 12th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If your PC doesn't support cyrillic characters (for e.g. Russian and Bulgarian language) you probably you need to do a "Windows Update".

Question: If you right-click on it, does the menu have correct cyrillic characters (so that the problem only concerns the main-screen (=control panel))?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

booboo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, tnx for answering so quickly....wen i right-click the menu and the pop-up and the main screen are all gibberish....i updated my windows with i guess all of the updates that it gave me...but it still doesn't convert the gibberish to normal bulgarian....i'm still not quite sure what the problem is...i don't know, actually, if i set up my computer correctly...if u could think of sumting that my dumb-a$$ is missing please feel free to make fun of me.....
Old 13th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

vitalis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
If your PC doesn't support cyrillic characters (for e.g. Russian and Bulgarian language) you probably you need to do a "Windows Update".
No. It doesn't work.

To booboo
Tomorrow I give you some links...
This is known problem with support Cyrillic symbols in Windows (e.g. in English language)

P.S. Can you read in Ukrainian or Russian?
Old 13th June 2004
BS.Player Master

Ok, if upon right-click your menu is also unreadable, try as follows:
(close BSPlayer) rightclick on an empty part of the destop > Properties
select Tab named [lay-out] or [styling] or something similar (havn't got English Windows version, so don't know exact name of Tab) then [Advanced]
At bottom left there is a box named "Font" (probably greyed out)
Just above that there is a box "Item" (with probably "desktop" selected in it)
Select "menu" in that box and the box "Font" will become available.
Now select a cyrillic font (e.g. "Arial (cyrillic)") and click Apply / [OK].
Start BSPlayer and rightclick on it. Is menu now properly shown in cyrillic characters?

(With respect to labels on control-panel: characters will perhaps still be unreadable; if so please report here, mentioning which skin you're using, so that I can try)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th June 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

To booboo. THe only way you can get those options to bee seen corectly in bulgarian is to do a clean reinstall on Windows. On the first install window you will be asked for regional settings. Under one tab in there you will find unicode support. Enable this for bulgadian language. SOrry, but this is the only way.
Old 13th June 2004
BS.Player Master

@adicoto and booboo:
The procedure as described above by me, works for me!
When I switched BSPlayer to Bulgarian language, I too had rubbish-texts.
But after having followed the procedure as described, texts of menus in BSPlayer were properly shown!
I suppose for the control-panel a solution may be found in changing font in skin.ini (of the skin booboo uses; that's why I asked), but I have had no time to try and test it so far with any skin.
Have to go now (other obligations).
By the way booboo what Windows-version are you using?
Old 13th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

vitalis is an unknown quantity at this point

2 booboo
Read some about your problem here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=uk

The second variant. Go to Control panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced and in the list "Languages without Unicode support" select "Bulgarian". This future work in WinXP. About other Windows version I don't know.

The third variant. If Bulgarian language support encoding cp1251 you can download and execute bottom files:
for Win9x/Me: http://www.ukrface.kiev.ua/download/ukrcodpage9x.zip
for Win2000/NT4/XP: http://www.ukrface.kiev.ua/download/ukrcodpage2k.zip

Tags
bulgarian, display, language, nonsense