Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th June 2004
phirewheel
BS.Guest

Default XviD and DivX AVI files crash BSplayer - force RGB fixed it

This was not working for build 808 and then started working for build 809 so I thought it was a bug that was fixed in 809. Then I updated my video drivers and it starts failing again. So I start reading the bugs forum and it seems others had the same problem. I found one suggested solution - trying a diff video rendering overlay - I picked force RGB - it was in mode 1 - not even sure what that is. I'm a total newbie to this. All I know is it worked. I guess I'm wondering if the force RBG overlay setting is appropriate to leave permanently and for all cases?
Old 18th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If it does the trick for your computer's configuration and the picture is OK: YES - of course - do stay with that setting.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

kurochan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help

i cant open a movie here in bs player and its saysunkown file format. what is the problem here? what should i do? and what is force RBG? i dont know that
Old 19th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@kurochan: Unfortunately you do not give any information about your PC and/or about the type of movie you're trying to play. However, for the time being, please don't bother about "Force RGB". As the message you're getting is "unknown file format", you probably need to install some codecs. Have a look at this post.

P.S.: Two tips
  1. Preferably stay away from codec-packs and if you nevertheless find you should use them: certainly do not install each and everything contained in it, but instead be very selective!! (The more you install the harder it is to find out and get rid of the source of possible conflicts and errors)
  2. To find out what type of codec you need, have a look at the second item of my post "Help to Help" (there's a link to that post at the bottom of all my messages!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
avi, crash, divx, xvid