Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th July 2004
MaRcOs
BS.Guest

Default bs player can not open the movie

:oops: when i installed bs player, it was perfect, everithing worked all right, but after a while, suddenly i try to open a movie, (even movies that i've already seen without problems), and the software get freezed opening the movie, from then and on the computer get freezed and i can not even shutdown my pc, i could solve this poroblem sometimes reinstalling the bs player and the k-lite codec pack (the one that i like more until now), but now it doesn't seem to be helpful, please HEEEEEELP!!!!!!!, :!: MaRcOs
Old 19th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Clark Gable is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the exact same problem here. The BSPlayer worked for about 2 days, then it sometimes runs the movies I want and sometimes doesn't.

I am not using any codec pack (I hate those), I'm a minimalist who uses only the codecs I need. Right now, all the codecs I have are the DivX 5.11 and the AC3 filter. Also, I think the problem lies on a certain Winamp DSP plugin I installed - Enhancer 0.17 (I use to increase the volume). Ever since I installed that, the BSPlayer is very erratic, sometimes runs the movies perfectly, sometimes just freezes the computer with no option to reboot unless I reset the computer.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gable
I think the problem lies on a certain Winamp DSP plugin I installed - Enhancer 0.17 (I use to increase the volume). Ever since I installed that, the BSPlayer is very erratic, sometimes runs the movies perfectly, sometimes just freezes the computer with no option to reboot unless I reset the computer.
No problems here with Enhancer, but have a look at an earlier post of mine, i.e. this one.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Clark Gable is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
No problems here with Enhancer...
Yeah thanks, but I tried disabling both "Disable Winamp DSP Plugin" and "Advanced Plugin" (under Winamp plugin tab) and it didn't do the trick, so perhaps it has nothing to do with the Enhancer. I'm pretty sure I do not have any codec conflicts because I only use two basic codecs. Any other ideas on what's causing the problem?
Old 21st July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

MaRcOs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is not the enhacer

because i don't use any enhacer!!!!!!!!! :x , please more help, MaRcOs

Tags
movie, open, player