Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

MTL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Buffer is empty" info message

A "Buffer is empty" info message occurs when trying to play a DivX file over a local network with BSPlayer Pro 1.33 821 24 Jun 2005. WinXP Pro, Pentium M notebook with Radeon 9000 graphic card. All drivers updated.

I have tried different combinations of network buffer settings (buffer up, prebuffer down; prebuffer up, buffer down; both up, both down, etc.), reloading the BSPlayer after each setting - nothing works. I have obviously messed something up, but I started trying only when buffering did not help to produce smooth playing.

Two questions: how to get rid of the error message, and what are the guidelines to increase the smoothness of the play over a local (wireless) network.

Thank you!
Old 25th July 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Purchasers of BSPlayer Pro should mail their technical questions regarding BSplayer Pro to support@bsplayer.com to receive direct support from BSPlayer-team.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

That means, as a buyer, I am banned from asking questions here?! Interesting...
Thank you, I will send an e-mail.
Old 26th July 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Try to increase the size of the buffer, bigger is better. What Wi network do you have ? Generally wifi network adapters are 11 Mbps and if you divide this to 4-5 users is a verry low speed for a smooth playback.

I am sure that BSPeter ment to also send an email to support, because all BSPlayer Pro buyers have also this direct support.
Old 26th July 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL
That means, as a buyer, I am banned from asking questions here?!
No, what I meant to say is that as a buyer you are entitled to receive technical support directly from BSPlayer's team! (in case the obvious increasing of Buffersize, Prebuffer % and Buffer thread priority would not help)

[as mentioned in the last paragraph at the bottom of this page]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks everyone,

1. No offence meant. Only sadness and bitterness. :)
2. I feel stupid. Is there a FM on all the options to RTFM ?! Can't find it. :roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Try to increase the size of the buffer, bigger is better.
That was exactly what I did in the first place. This caused the error message, and there was no way to get rid of it. Finally, I uninstalled BSPlayer, removed the rest of the files and deleted all BSPlayer entries in the registry. Then reinstalled again, entered the registration info, turned on Network buffering and set it as on the picture below.
Also set the ProcessPriority for BSPlayer in the General settings to AboveNormal. Now it works better, and, most importantly, the error message is gone. I do not know what the problem was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
What Wi network do you have ? Generally wifi network adapters are 11 Mbps and if you divide this to 4-5 users is a verry low speed for a smooth playback.
108 Mbps, 2 users. Not my case.

P.S. The latest night build works well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg settingswork_185.jpg (39.2 KB, 1189 views)
Old 27th July 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Glad it was solved, sorry for not knowing how.

Tags
buffer is empty, info, message