Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

acid0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSP freezes when pausing

Thats it. It completely freezes. No error message, nothing. But it doesn't freezes everytime I press pause (on keyboard or button). It's one freeze in 5 or 10 pauses. But sometimes can happen in the first pause... I press Ctrl+ALT+Del and then finish the BSplayer. It doesnt freeze the computer at all.

The last two versions I've tested (1.22 PRO build 817 and 1.32 PRO Build 820) had this problem. I use Ac3filter, FFDshow version Jun 19 2005 and Direct X 9.0c. I have a Radeon 9600 XT with DNA ATI 3.9.5.4

My OS is WinXP SP2, with norton antivirus

Thank you, and I must tell that BSPlayer is the best avaliable!
Old 27th July 2005
BS.Player Power User

mihhkel is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue :? ... I suspect it be related to buffering, because it happens when I play movies from CD, but not with files on HD.
Old 28th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

acid0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine happens with HD files also. I forgot to mention I have an Athlon 2500 + with 512 Ram
Old 10th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

rupor is an unknown quantity at this point

have you fixed your problem? i have the same shit!
Old 25th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

-Jani- is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the same problem here.

Making me mad since I use it to watch movies via TV-OUT (in another room) and use a remote control...:x

Somebody gotta have some ideas about this.
:?:

Jani
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Which BSPlayer build?
And what codec/filter (and version thereof) is used by BSPlayer for playback?
(See last line of item (3) of my Help2Help-post.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for replying

Well I went back to version 1.0 (build 810).
Tried newest DivX codec but it really messed everything up (all .avi videos would just jam up and were impossible to play) so I got rid of it and installed ffdshow-20041012 instead).
Now playback is OK but the problem with pausing still exists.
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Wow, you went "back in time" surely more than necessary. Why don't you try BSplayer v1.37 build 826 (the last version without adware)? Check out in the second half of my Help2Help-post the item (a) under MISCELLANEOUS (the line "in fact at this last site you can download lots of versions of BSPlayer" is there just for you to click on it?).
You could also try DivX5.2.1 (or a newer version of ffdshow, but I don't really use ffdshow myself).

(In my previous post I wasn't suggesting you to do anything but I just asked for some information and I referred you to my Help2Help post to help you finding it.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Wow, you went "back in time" surely more than necessary. Why don't you try BSplayer v1.37 build 826 (the last version without adware)?
Hehe, yeah thing is I firstly went to the latest version but after seeing it is 'infected' I just went for my backup CD and got a version from there (didn't real know which version it was till you asked me for it :D but figured - and still do - it's just gotta work anyhow...)

Quote:
(In my previous post I wasn't suggesting you to do anything but I just asked for some information and I referred you to my Help2Help post to help you finding it.)
No no, it's OK, I understand, I just told you what I had already tried before ever posting here.

Quote:
You could also try DivX5.2.1 (or a newer version of ffdshow, but I don't really use ffdshow myself).
In fact I had DivX 5.2.1 prior to this all (then the update to latest DivX codec screwed everything up as stated and I installed FFDShow...) but note - the pausing problem was there already.
I chose this version of FFDShow since it's been recommended elsewhere as (the) best and lots of people seem to have some problems with newer versions.

Didn't really give any more info since the author of this thread pretty much explained all but here's my additional info:
Win XP PRO SP2
Nvidia FX5600XT (drivers 84.21 = latest but same with old 7x.xx something)
DirectX 9.0c
+ I also got AC3 Filter installed
Got same system as author actually: Athlon 2500+, 512 RAM

Jani
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Please try to use new FFDShow version (old ones had other problems :? ) and if neither this fixes your problem, then try to re-register quartz.dll
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

You mean ... FFDSHOW 2006-04-20 SSE?
I'll give it a go.
Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Hmm, I keep getting this:

Tried dl it several times + from different sources...

Old 26th April 2006
BS.Player Master

"this" is totally illegible!
Old 27th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
You're joking, right?

Anyway, did instal FFDShow finally (to another folder) and got 1.37 version as you suggested ... but firstly - no more the old built-in skin that I liked ...

... Ok I gonna live. :lol:

Moreover - tried playing a movie and the subs are at the of the picture :shock: (yes, I read your reply to some guy who had the same problem but I still don't know what to do about it) + the pausing problem is still there.

Tried the quartz.dll thingy as well and no change...
I don't know, I'm slowly getting tired of this all since it seems to be creating just more problems along the way and don't know if it's really worth the trouble.
Old 27th April 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jani-
Quote:
You're joking, right?
Maybe now you can read it

Quote:
Anyway, did instal FFDShow finally (to another folder)...
Probably you had not to install it in another folder, but only close all applications that possibly were using that file (BSplayer was playing a video?)

Quote:
...and got 1.37 version as you suggested ... but firstly - no more the old built-in skin that I liked ...

... Ok I gonna live. :lol:
Built-in? That skin (if no more available after the reinstall) can be retrieved if you install the old BSplayer version and copy the wanted .bsz file, so you will have it again in the "new" version..

Quote:
Moreover - tried playing a movie and the subs are at the of the picture :shock: (yes, I read your reply to some guy who had the same problem but I still don't know what to do about it)
Are at the ... ??

Quote:
+ the pausing problem is still there.

Tried the quartz.dll thingy as well and no change...
I don't know, I'm slowly getting tired of this all since it seems to be creating just more problems along the way and don't know if it's really worth the trouble.
I don't know, never had that problem and I finished my ideas :?
Sorry..
Old 27th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Probably you had not to install it in another folder, but only close all applications that possibly were using that file (BSplayer was playing a video?)
Yeah, that's what I figured as well but I had absolutely nothing opened ... like at all ... and also was unable to delete that folder ... but guess these things happen sometimes - after restart it was all well.

Quote:
Built-in? That skin (if no more available after the reinstall) can be retrieved if you install the old BSplayer version and copy the wanted .bsz file, so you will have it again in the "new" version..
Hehe, I know, just put this there as a joke really - but did as a consequence 'discover' the enormous base of skins that you have at the site. :D

Quote:
Are at the ... ??
Oops, sorry - at the top.
However this problem went right away after just one Shift+Up press so ... nevermind, funny thing but if's gonna work OK it's fine with me :)

Guess I'll just have to live with this pausing problem though.
Maybe it's only my system since it happens sometimes that BSPlayer starts braking all of a sudden as well (e.g. when starting a movie that is played just fine on other occasions) - gonna reinstall pretty soon now.
Although it is only BSPlayer that I have these problems with

Thanks for helping anyhow.

Cheers
Jani
Old 27th April 2006
BS.Player Master

I'm sorry we were not able to help you, but maybe someday someone will incurr into a similar problem and will find the solution, so you'll have all fixed..
Good luck
Old 27th April 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Did some search among old posts and find some problems with

- AC3Filter (it also may be a problem related to audio acceleration, audio driver or audio filter used to decode)=>try to disable audio acceleration, update audio driver, post here what filter is used to decode audio stream besides AC3Filter.
- FFDshow installed as part of a codec pack
Old 2nd May 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Well, there's the thing, it seems to be working fine know :D

Just after making them changes you suggested first loaded .avi looked all messed up for a sec, then got the subs thingy, pausing problem still there as well as jam-up from time to time...

But couple of films later I think I can safely say that all of those problems (including the old ones) simply vanished (waited a couple of days and some more films as I didn't wanna get carried away :lol: but not a single hick-up since)

Well, that's just fine with me :mrgreen:

Would like to say a massive thanks again to everyone trying to help, especially Tizio.
Well done
Old 2nd May 2006
BS.Player Master

Are you sure you want to thank especially me ?? :o
I didn't provided you any relevant tip :? , maybe my biggest help was to wish you good luck

Anyway I'm happy you are now able to play your files :D

Tags
freezes, pausing