Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

el_primo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DVD Playback Problems

Hi guys!

I've a problem playing DVDs with BSplayer... Sound is OK but the only image I get is some green, pink and black blurred stripes. I'm using BSplayer Pro v1.42.833.

Perhaps the problem consists in the codec pack I use. It's K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v1.57 with default settings + ffdshow.

With other players like VLC no problems occur, but still I'd like to use the functionality of BSplayer...

Hope to get some advise :)
Old 21st June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

QB the Killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codec Packs are evil

First of all you should never use a codec pack. If GSpot (a codec appliance) tells you that you are missing a codec you go and get that one codec. For most cases you should only need 3 codecs... XviD, AC3 filter 0.7b, and maybe DivX 3.11 alpha.

QB
Old 21st June 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

As QB the Killer told you codec packs often bring more problems than the one they fix (at least this is true if you don't exactly know what you are doing).
BSplayer v1.x doesn't fully support DVD playback, if you want full DVD playback you should install BSplayer Pro.

With v1.x you can play some DVDs partially. You need an MPEG2 decoder (Elecard always worked good for me, if you want more links you should take a look at adicoto's list of codecs in this forum).
DVDs (well, .VOB files) can be played in BSplayer v1.x only if the DVD has been decrypted (there are also tools that decrypt DVDs on the fly), otherwise you'll see only scrambled images (probably like the one you have experienced)
Old 21st June 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Indeed you probably need an mpeg2 decoder.
Check out adicoto's list of codecs (click here) (there are three mentioned inthere) (note you must be logged in for this link to work!)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
dvd, playback