Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

avok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DVD size problems

Hello,

I just tried the new DVD features of bsplayer 2 (latest version) and it turned to a nightmare! The DVDs are played correctly although with occasional unresponsiveness and lockups when I am opening the preferences or doing something else with the player.

The problem is they are smaller than my TV screen is. The DVD AR is 16:9 so is my TV screen. They should take the whole screen as my 16:9 divx movies do. I have NVIDIA card, TV tool and use anamorphic AR to get the tvout to send the picture correctly. I tried to use panscan to fix the problem but it only got worse in the end. I managed to get the screen to the needed size, but the setting is not remembered correctly! It plays OK for a while but then suddenly reverses back to the shrunken condition. I guess this happens when DVD titles change. It also happens when I go to some menu and then resume playing. I tried the remember pan and scan option but it seems to have no effect at all. The pan and scan begun to change randomly and also affected the normal movies. Finally I was able to bring things under control with switching the auto pan and scan option in the play list. Now divx movies play OK and DVDs are still considerably smaller than they should but better than in the beginning. What should I do? Can someone explain the function of pan and scan and how can I persist it?

And another problem with DVDs. I cannot click the menus with my mouse. At least on the TV. If I press enter the selected menu item is activated and that's all I can do.
Old 14th September 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you using "full screen" option for TV-out in Nvidia clone mode?
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32953#32953
Already tried option "Cut top and botton of video in full screen mode" under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [General]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

avok is an unknown quantity at this point

My driver is older and don't have such option. I have GF 4 4200.
This problem is related to bsplayer. I don't believe I can fix it with other software. Why can't pan and scan function normally? And even the auto pan scan option somethimes turn itself off leaving me with some micro image. This version of bsplayer is too buggy, maybe I will stay with my older one. At least I can watch divx without problems.

Tags
dvd, size