Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Juggalo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't get subtitles and pan-scan on TV out

I have:
- Dell laptop with GeForce Go 7900 videocard (with recently updated drivers)
- Win XP Pro
- BSplayer Pro 2.12

Playing on laptop screen works 100% fine: subitles, custom pan-scan, everything.

However when watching movies on my TV (using TV out), no matter what I do.. I can't get subtitles to render on the TV out display, and I can't get pan-scan to work :(
My TV is a non-widescreen 4:3 model by the way, that's why I'd really to use pan-scan.

I already tried:
  • Using dual-display setup (in windows display settings / nvidia config panel) as well as single "cloned" display
  • Selecting different rendering modes: Internal renderer overlay (default), internal rendering RGB mode, internal rendering RGB overlay, and Overlay mixer
  • Enabling and disabling "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface"
but nothing helps :(

Here's what happens. When playing a movie:, I see the movie in a window on my laptop screen, like this:

and on TV, I see about this:
No subtitles, and custom pan-scan has no effect.

When I switch BSplayer to Fullscreen, the window becomes fullscreen (on laptop screen) and I still see the subtitles, and custom pan-scan works on the laptop output. But the TV output stays the same.

Does anyone know how to get subtitles and pan-scan working on TV out??? :?: :roll:
Old 12th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road

Tried VMR? Well I got the same card as you do and res (inspiron?), so Dell Buddy :P you got the full screen output to secondary display option selected(it's right click desktop>properties>advanced>GForce7900>Full screen Zoom control)? If I got this on neither codecs, subtitles or pan scan works for me , I don't think it's a bug though, just that drivers/firmware sucks a bit.
Old 13th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlight
Tried VMR? Well I got the same card as you do and res (inspiron?), so Dell Buddy :P
(XPS M1710 here :))
Quote:
you got the full screen output to secondary display option selected(it's right click desktop>properties>advanced>GForce7900>Full screen Zoom control)? If I got this on neither codecs, subtitles or pan scan works for me , I don't think it's a bug though, just that drivers/firmware sucks a bit.
Sorry, exactly what Full screen Zoom control do you mean?

My 7900 config panel looks like this:
(did you mean this submenu or something else?)
What should I select??

Also, about the VMR you mentioned: What VMR would I need? I see VMR7 and 9, both with and without "renderless", and I have "mode 1" and "mode 2" for VMR9 renderless render modes..?

(As a matter of fact: what is this anyway? I know a bit about video rendering, win32 api stuff etc, but I have no clue what I'm selecting here :))
Old 13th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Should be just under "video render" I got colbits activate for more options though but I highly doubt that this is the problem now, if you don't have the option I think the default value is off.
Old 13th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Hmm strange, apparently I don't have that option in my panel.

About the VMR you mentioned, do you know what that is and exactly which one should I select?
Old 14th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Anyone else who has an idea? I'm sure there must be more people with a somewhat similar config as mine...?
Old 14th February 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure, but you do not seem to use clone mode at present. Tried that already?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I'm not sure, but you do not seem to use clone mode at present. Tried that already?
Yes, but then the same thing happens: I see the movie fullscreen on both windows, but pan-scan still only works on my laptop screen, and subtitles are only displayed on laptop screen.

My girlfriends laptop has an Ati Radeon Mobility card, and it works fine there. It has no clone mode, only dual. But I can select the "primary" display there, and if I choose the TV to be primary, everything works perfectly. Unfortunately my NVidia config doesn't seem to have this "primary display" selection, and I don't have her laptop nearby all the time :)
Old 15th February 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

By any chance, have you tested also extended desktop method ?
Old 15th February 2007
BS.Player Master

http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34836#34836
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 16th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo

About the VMR you mentioned, do you know what that is and exactly which one should I select?
To be honesty I really don't know but did you check the FAQ? Think there's some info on VMR there, just wondered if you tested that video rendering mode. Could have impact seeing as VMR is the only option if you want OSD transparency.
Old 16th February 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo
I think he simply wasn't using clone mode at that time (Multiple Monitors).
Old 17th February 2007
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I think he simply wasn't using clone mode at that time (Multiple Monitors).
Actually I was :)

But I got it figured out now. With the default rendering option (internal renderer overlay) it was as I described above, the VMR modes strangely enough didn't even display subtitels anywhere (not on TV, not on laptop). However internel renderer RGB mode (it says there is no RGB overlay) combined with Clone display mode made it work!

I still can't get the overlay stuff right, i.e. showing fullscreen on TV (with subtitles and pan-scan working) and keeping normal window desktop on my laptop screen, so if you have any idea how to get that working, I'd love to hear!
Old 17th February 2007
BS.Player Master

In clone-mode do you now (also) have a nVIDIA screen which is similar to this (or Farlight's)?

Further: did you already try "Cut top and bottom of video in full screen mode"?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [General] ...

Tags
panscan, subtitles