Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2007
BS.Player Newbie

soloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with playting mpg videos and some mp3 audio

Hi!
I'm using bsplayer for few years now, but recently i've decided to change system to Vista. Since i've changed the system, i've also started using new versions of BSPlayer (2.xx). Today i've realized, that i have problems playing some of the files. Most of the mpg/mpeg videoclips doesn't work (video does not show, and audio is slow, merged with strange high pitched clicking sound - at first it's hard to even hear it's the same song). I've also found some mp3 albums that doesn't work (songs appear in the playlist, but the times are 0:00:00 and nothing happens when i click play)... I use ffdshow codecs, default settings. I've also tried k-lite codecs and vista codecs - the same thing. Everything works fine in Windows Media players and other players that i've tried!!!

This is info about the video file that DOES NOT work:

Quote:
General #0
Complete name : E:\Muzyka\#Klipy\Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver.mpg
Format : MPEG-1 Program
Format/Family : MPEG-1
File size : 50.8 MiB
PlayTime : 4mn 419ms
Bit rate : 1773 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Video
PlayTime : 4mn 360ms
Bit rate : 1609 Kbps

Audio #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Audio layer 2
PlayTime : 4mn 378ms
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Bit rate mode : CBR
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Video0 delay : -84ms
Writing library : Xing (new)
This is info for video file that DOES work

Quote:
General #0
Complete name : E:\Muzyka\#Klipy\Depeche Mode - Live In Germany '98 - Enjoy The Silence.mpeg
Format : MPEG-1 Program
Format/Family : MPEG-1
File size : 67.3 MiB
PlayTime : 6mn 45s
Bit rate : 1394 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Video
Codec settings/Matri : Standard
PlayTime : 6mn 44s
Bit rate : 1150 Kbps
Width : 352 pixels
Height : 288 pixels
Aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Interlacement : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.454

Audio #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Audio layer 2
PlayTime : 6mn 44s
Bit rate : 224 Kbps
Video0 delay : -80ms
This is info about the audio file that DOES NOT work:

Quote:
General #0
Complete name : E:\Muzyka\Biosphere - Substrata\Biosphere - Substrata - 05 - Times When I Know You'll Be Sad.mp3
Format : MPA1L3
File size : 5.39 MiB
PlayTime : 3mn 44s
Bit rate : 201 Kbps
Album : Substrata
Track name : Times When I Know You'll Be Sad
Track name/Position : 5
Performer : Biosphere
Accompaniment : Biosphere
Composer : Geir Jenssen
Publisher : Thirsty Ear
Genre : Ambient
Recorded date : 1997
Cover : Yes
Comment : Debut Release for Japan to C
Commercial informati : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...6C80QSDEB56CR2

Audio #0
Codec : MPEG-1 Audio layer 3
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Please guys! Help me!!!
Old 15th September 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

An Australian user with an unacceptable username whose original post was removed for exactly that reason wrote (unacceptable language removed):
Quote:
Well? are you guys going to reply to this or what??? I have exactly the same error. I have been spouting off how good your player is and now this.

It is obviously a bug because there is more than 1 person with the problem. And yes these problem mpgs open up in other players, all except BSPlayer.

So fix it pleez, i'm uninstalling your program and will be using VLC Player until the problem is resolved, or possibly indefinitely
In this connection, may I remind the Australian user in question that when registering as a member of this forum you also accepted that
Quote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th September 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

As mentioned quite a few times in this forum, could you maybe mention which info is available about the filters/codecs actually used by BS.Player with the moviefile loaded?
In BS.Player: rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced
:?
(Installing codec-packs is generally not making it easier to pinpoint a possible cause of problems. That's why we generally advise against installing codec packs.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
mp3, mpg, playting, videos