Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Hekemon is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles download doesn't work

I can found a list of suitable subtitles from getsubtitle.com but when I check the correct subs and press download checked the selected subtitles turn red and i get a message "subtitles downloaded". Actually the subtitels are not downloaded and will not appear to the list of subs.

Last edited by Hekemon; 4th June 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 4th June 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As far as I saw, all subtitles I've downloaded from getsubtitles.com were crap (blank files or other movie than the title said), so my advice, uncheck this site in download prefernces and stick to bsplayer subtitles or opensubtitles
Old 4th June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Problem is not the quality of subs but the fact that they do not download at all. I have used subs from getsubtitles.com before succesfully but for some reason the BSplayer download stopped working a while ago.
Old 5th June 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Sometimes the servers of getsubtitles.com and/or opensubtitles.org don't deliver as expected.
These are providers which are independent from BS.Player and over which BS.Player-team has no control.

I suppose that at (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Online subtitles]
a subs-folder is defined in the white box at the right of "[ ] Save downloaded subtitles to"?
Is this same folder also defined as a "Subtitles folder" under Subtitles > [Subtitle properties]?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th June 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Installing the latest version of BSPlayer solved the problem. I didn't even have that option where to pick the subtitle download folder in my old version. Thanks for help!
Old 5th June 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

So you must still have been using v2.51.1023 (dating back to 4 Feb 2010) or an earlier version! Anyway, good to hear that your problem has gone now!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
download, subtitles, work