Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th January 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdevious View Post
1. Microsoft's DTV-DVD Audio and Video decoders.

2. How do I do that? I know, it's a dumb question, but codecs overall don't have an uninstall button, so shall I use some manager or search & manual Del.?

Best Regards,
~tEh'Pâr4d0x

Go to BSPlayer's install folder and run codecmanager.exe. Check the filters you want to uninstall and hit "uninstall" button
Old 5th January 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And 3rd in row.., sorry..

I googled AVC and it seems, it's paid one, is that correct? Any free alternative? Please link.

Concerning AAC, I found one on free-codecs.com, but it's from 2006, is it even safe to be getting that one?

Thanks,
~tEh'Pâr4d0x

2006 AAC filter is ok. I am using an 2004 version with no problems.
You can download CoreAVC trial version for two weeks IIRC. Other option for AVC is ffdshow.
You can blacklist microsoft's DTV-DVD going to filter management -> blacklist - > add
Old 5th January 2012
BS.player Regular User

ssdevious is on a distinguished road

Good news, I've finally made some progress. FFDSHOW is now installed, loaded and is running, during the .mkv is playing, however, still choppy, screen somewhat paused for 4 secs, then it jumps forward and again, BUT THIS IS HAPPENING ONLY AFTER I LOAD EXTERNAL .srt / .sub and MAXIMIZE to FULL SCREEN.

I installed that 2006 AAC (quick 2 secs. installation), but failed to find this one in the codec manager, neither is it loaded.

What should be the next move?

Best Regards,
~tEh'Pâr4d0x
Old 5th January 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
....I installed that 2006 AAC (quick 2 secs. installation), but failed to find this one in the codec manager, neither is it loaded.....~tEh'Pâr4d0x
Please note BS.Player accompanying program codecmanager.exe only concerns and deals with BS.Player's preferred filters/codecs, so other codecs/filters like CoreAAC will not show up in it.
You should however be able to find CoreAAC using BS.Player's in-built function Filter management.
Please note codecmanager.exe and BS.Player's Filter management are two separate and different things, as also mentioned by me in this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
If BS.Player's accompanying program "codecmanager.exe" finds some of its preferred codecs/filters are already installed on your system, it will not also install them locally as BS.Player will then use the system's filters/codecs.
If you want to know which filters/codecs BS.Player is actually using for playback of any specific file, just load that file and then look under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
There you will be able to find the codecs/filters which are actually used by BS.Player for that specific file.
When you click on the small [+]-signs in front of the filters/codecs shown, further information (and access) to those filters becomes accessible.
(Note: do not forget to also click on "source", as that may reveal usefull info too).

Note: codecmanager.exe and BS.Player's "Filter management" (under rightclick > Options > Preferences > Filter management) are two separate things. The first is an auxiliary program to check if BS.Player's preferred codecs/filters are installed and up-to-date (and if not installed it will install 'internally' if permitted by you and/or if not up-to-date it will show you). The second one is BS.Player's in-built filtermanager, allowing you to e.g. change filter-priority or to blacklist certain (system's) filters for use by BS.Player (e.g. if that filter causes problems). When a filter is blacklisted by you in BS.Player's Filter management, BS.Player will - as a rule - automatically search and find another (combination) of splitter/filters/codecs to play the file.
So that's exactly why, when adicoto asked you
"2. Can you do one more test ? Uninstall all codecs installed by BSPlayer, except for Haali and AC3filter. Install CoreAVC and CoreAAC. Play an MKV and post here which filters are used to play the file" (later informing you to do that by going to BSPlayer's install folder and run codecmanager.exe. Check the filters you want to uninstall and hit "uninstall" button) he mentioned to run codecmanager.exe, whereas when he replied "You can blacklist microsoft's DTV-DVD going to filter management -> blacklist - > add" he referred to Filter management.
(Note I'm just adding this to make it - also for the benefit of other users, who may perhaps be confused - abundantly clear that it does concern two different and separate things.)

In your last post you mentioned that you're using (also) external .srt/.sub subtitles.
Did you - in that connection - check/select "[x] Disable embedded subtitles" under (rightclick>)Options>Preferences>Subtitles [Subtitle properties]?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th January 2012
BS.player Regular User

ssdevious is on a distinguished road

Well, well, well...

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciated your endurance, with me, it's never easy and many support teams were driven mad because of me, however, good news for today, after total amount of more then 30 hours (not straight of course, lol), after more then 50 installations (I actually might have invented a way, how to run 3 BS Players - 3 different versions at the same time, of course, at that time, I thought, I lost my computer for good, after what followed..), uninstallations and reinstallations, after more then 10 different packages of codecs, both pirated and free, after a several harsh hits into my keyboard...

... I figured it out!

Let's recap this, shall we?

I) BS Player works fine with .mkv 720p
II) BS Player works fine, after external .srt were loaded in
III) BS Player went mad, at the exact time, when it went full-screen
IV) full-screen with NO .srt however, worked just fine!

--> problem MUST be the .srt or subtitles in general! YES!

:::AND NOW THE SOLUTION:::

1) right-click on the screen
2) "Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Subtitles"
3) select "Subtitles properties"
4) [x] "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" -> DISABLE THIS!
4) FIXED!

So far so good, fingers crossed, one less pain to deal with.

Oh and by the way, BS Player NEEDS a better skin, but that's a topic for another day, I'd point here, for any lucky people, who stumbles onto this amazingly "dumb" topic: Phoenix by ~Gocilla on deviantART

Let's roll!

Best Regards,
~tEh'Pâr4d0x
Old 6th January 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you're looking for a few skins, maybe also check out these:
www.bsplayer.com (but perhaps also look here, here, here, and here).

(Like I asked before: are you sure you're born on 01 Jan 1938?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

chr1s is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, well, well...

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciated your endurance, with me, it's never easy and many support teams were driven mad because of me, however, good news for today, after total amount of more then 30 hours (not straight of course, lol), after more then 50 installations (I actually might have invented a way, how to run 3 BS Players - 3 different versions at the same time, of course, at that time, I thought, I lost my computer for good, after what followed..), uninstallations and reinstallations, after more then 10 different packages of codecs, both pirated and free, after a several harsh hits into my keyboard...

... I figured it out!

Let's recap this, shall we?

I) BS Player works fine with .mkv 720p
II) BS Player works fine, after external .srt were loaded in
III) BS Player went mad, at the exact time, when it went full-screen
IV) full-screen with NO .srt however, worked just fine!

--> problem MUST be the .srt or subtitles in general! YES!

:::AND NOW THE SOLUTION:::

1) right-click on the screen
2) "Options" -> "Preferences" -> "Subtitles"
3) select "Subtitles properties"
4) [x] "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" -> DISABLE THIS!
4) FIXED!

So far so good, fingers crossed, one less pain to deal with.

Oh and by the way, BS Player NEEDS a better skin, but that's a topic for another day, I'd point here, for any lucky people, who stumbles onto this amazingly "dumb" topic: Phoenix by ~Gocilla on deviantART

Let's roll!

Best Regards,
~tEh'Pâr4d0x

Hello!

Usually i never register to any forum, what I do I always browse at google if i have some problem with anything. And luckily there is always a person who encountered same problem as I did and found solution with group of people like in this case.
I wanna thank you too, cause i had this problem aswell terrible lag and freezes when i loaded subtitles interal or external when on fullscreen.

I googled alot and finally it brought me here and it's fixed now.

Thank you again, this worked more than perfect for me aswell !
Good luck in future

-chr1s

p.s:not to mention i installed and unistalled a milion times aswell ;) always try to do your best than search for help if all fails
Old 12th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Foxin is on a distinguished road

Its nice that you got your issue resolved.I too joined this forum solely for the reason that it helps in pooling of ideas which enable one to overcome his problem.
Old 26th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Metaldooduk is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles - Flickery Picture

Just so you know, you should uncheck "use anti-aliased font" otherwise you will still get the flickering problem.

Tags
loading, maximizing, screen, subtitles, terrible