View Single Post
Old 6th August 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
Ah, okay. Definitely more cumbersome than need be and not particularly intuitive.
Loading an FLV file and then checking the "FFdshow audio decoder", I found that the "Volume" box was checked, boosting volume to "128%". Unchecking the box returned the audio to normal.
Why the program defaults to over-amping the audio is a mystery, and if you don't know what is causing the problem (like I didn't), the chances of figuring it out yourself are pretty slim.
But that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help.
Maybe it seems more cumbersome than need be to you, but - as I already mentioned - the (audio)filters actually used by BS.Player upon playback of specific files ....may differ depending on the type of file played and on the codecs/filters which BS.Player finds installed on your system. (Needless to say that sometimes users have installed a real abundance of filters and codecs, thinking "more is better" which really doesn't help to find the actual culprit.)
So if you don't know what's causing the problem it is indeed necessary to load the "problematic file" in order to first find out what filter/codec is handling the actual decoding. So that is also the reason why I always ask users (and I'm rather "picky" in that) to check under Filters > Advanced while playing the "problematic file".
Anyhow, I'm glad you've found this forum when you couldn't figure it out yourself (that's one of the reasons for the forum's existance) and even more that you've now been able to fix the problem with just a little help from this "nitpicker". Thanks for sharing for the possible benefit of other users.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20