Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th February 2010
BS.Player Power User

Rocho is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow [SOLVED] BSplayer crash when i want to add bokmark

It is 2.51 build 1022.

I get window with message: An error occurred in the application: continue, rastart, close. And it wont to add bookmark.

I do not get how from ver in ver BSplayer has newer bug which didn't have never.
Sorry because of this. I do not understand how all those programming work maybe because of that i ask this question (i am not asking for a response. It's just a side comment :) )

Next ver which wont be bugged i wont change anymore :)
Old 13th February 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Cannot confirm!
No problems here.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd February 2010
BS.Player Power User

This is happen for every video when i click "add bookmark"

I do not know do i spot much more bug ever or BSplayer is not 100% compatible with Win 7 x64. I noticed next bugs too: i wont to memorize font size, volume, ... I checked "Remember movie settings" but when i go out and go back it is unchecked. This is happen with several options too. When the video file is over BSplayer wont to response and then i have to kill it into task manager etc. I think i almost all mentioned what i spotted it.

Before i install W7 instead XP i use for a bit older ver of BSplayer and i was very satisfied. I do not get it why i have those problems with the lattest ver...
Old 23rd February 2010
BS.Player Master

Do you have the correct access-rights/privileges for the folder where settings are saved? UAC disabled?
(UAC is new for Vista/Win7; not present in XP)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 25th February 2010
BS.Player Power User

I tired to change c:\program files\webteh\ right click > properties > security and to add admin. But it wont to accept. It always CREATOR OWNER where i tried to check in and it wont. I have problem with this administration right. i didn't have this on XP. Where can i change this and for every apps to have full control? I already had to change in similar way how i described, i have sometimes to allow copy/delete etc it is really boring.
Old 25th February 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Go to control panel and disable UAC (user acount control). Afterwards, go to Computer and rightclick on Program Files (or Program Files x86) and unset "read only".
Old 25th February 2010
BS.Player Power User

Do you mean on this?

I already turn off that.

---------

Last edited by Rocho; 25th February 2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 8th March 2010
BS.Player Power User

Guys, you were right, thank you for that. Only what is still happen when i want to close BS wont to response. Then i have to 'kill' it.
Old 8th March 2010
BS.Player Master

Wouldn't surprise me if still caused by the same problem (UAC / readonly-files).
Apparently for bookmarks now solved. Bookmarks are saved by BS.Player in the file "bsplay.bkf". There are some other "save-files", like e.g. bsplist.bsl, bsplay.sav and bspml.xml and a few more.
However, most other (general) settings are saved in the file BSplayer.xml.
Its whereabouts depend on what you selected at installation, but you can e.g. also find it by using Window's search feature.
Find it and check your access-rights/privileges.
Old 8th March 2010
BS.Player Power User

I am not sure where i have to look for it. Can you give the path to check that what you mantioned?
Old 8th March 2010
BS.Player Master

Where is the location of BSplayer's config file?
You had trouble to find it last time too, that's why I suggested you to use Window's search.
Old 12th March 2010
BS.Player Power User

I know how to search but i am not sure what i have to do....
Peter, do you mean on this? I clicked right click on BSplayer.xml.

Last edited by Rocho; 12th March 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12th March 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Rather this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pfiles.jpg (77.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 13th March 2010
BS.Player Power User

I did that too. When i did that i resolved all problems except BS player wont to response from time to time.

------

And it wont to remember subtitle position

Last edited by Rocho; 15th March 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Tags
add, bokmark, crash