Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Flesh is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Youtube streaming videos

Hello!

I have BSPlayer 2.58 and I'm trying to use Youtube streaming. The weard thing is that some of the videos are viewable while at others, it gives me an error. It says opening and than it gives error. Any idea how could this be solved?

Also I'm terribly sorry if that kind of topic is already open, though I only found ones that issue was resolved by changing from 2.57 to 2.58 version.

Thanks and enjoy,
Flesh
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Can you give an example (problematic) url?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

For example:
- this link works: http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=iAAZNOtzegk
- this one doesn't: http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=wHlAD5i4gt4

Added spaces, otherwise forum just embeds youtube player in post :P
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I can confirm. Same in here.

LE: after setting in streaming preferences 480p, file rendered succesfully. Probably for HD files, there is still a problem with youtube API.
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Indeed, worked for me as well :D Cheers for your help.
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Master

No problem here for either url.
YouTube preferred resolution in BS.Player set to 1080p.
Tried for Pro version (under XP SP3),
Will also try for Free version.
@Flesh: what version do you use ?

P.S.:
(Standard/preferred BS.Player's) filters used for both 'problematic' and non-problematic url:
Splitter: Haali media splitter 1.10.262.12
ffdshow Video Decoder 1.0.7.3135
MPA Decoder Filter (Mpeg Audio Decoder Gabest 1,0,0,4)
MS DirectSound (Quartz.dll)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Both urls play in Free version as well (using same filters), though in Free version BS.Player's preferred YouTube resolution cannot be set higher than 480p (which - of course - is fully in accordance with its specs).
So ... ???
Old 6th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Well I'm using version 2.58 build 1058 PRO version. As of youtube configuration I can set up to 720p and 1080p as well as lower ones.

About the filters, I'm very new to this thing, so would you mind explaining me where to check/set those that you posted up?:D

P.S. - is it possible that the issue might be that if I download video from youtube (with other programs), at 480p I get FLV aka flash file while on higher resolutions I get mp4 files.
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

As mentioned under item (3) of my Help2help-post ...
Quote:
... also make sure to mention in your post which codecs/filters BSPlayer really uses for playback: this is shown by BSPlayer (with a video file loaded!) under (Rightclick >) "Options" > "Filters" > (Advanced);
The issue you reported concerned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flesh View Post
... trying to use Youtube streaming....
so your addition about files downloaded to your HD using other programs
Quote:
...P.S. - is it possible that the issue might be that if I download video from youtube (with other programs), at 480p I get FLV aka flash file while on higher resolutions I get mp4 files.
is not directly connected, but indirectly I personally think it probably is (see item (2) below).
Why don't you use BS.Player Pro to download? (When the url is playing ... rightclick > Save as...)
(1) BS.Player also downloads HD movies as .mp4 and videos below 720p as .flv, simply since YouTube uses those video-formats/filetypes for such files.
(2) BS.Player can play both .flv as well as .mp4 videos;
what may be important is the (different) filter(s) used for playback of those different fileformats.

P.S.:
When you installed BS.Player, did you allow it to also "internally" install its preferred filters/codecs? (Internally meaning only for use by BS.Player itself and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters.)
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Seems Gabest MP4 splitter can't handle youtube streaming. Installed Haali and now the second link plays OK.
As filters...CoreAAC and Core AVC are used.
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
Seems Gabest MP4 splitter can't handle youtube streaming. Installed Haali and now the second link plays OK.
That's also what I suspected (already knowing that you normally used Gabest instead of Haali). (Curious what Flesh has to say.)
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

EDIT: As usually it's the dummest thing that you don't check x) It seems I didn't install codecs when I was installing BS Player. Everything is fixed now, works great even on 1080p :D

Thank you for all your help,
Flesh
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

In BSPlayer's install folder, run codecmanager.exe

LE: fixed
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Consequently I labelled this thread as "SOLVED".
Flesh: I'm still wondering why you don't use BS.Player Pro to download?
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

I did now :P I just didn't install them when installing BS Player due to having K-Lite codecs on computer already and I thought that they might "fight" among eachother.
Old 7th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Question

Quote:
I did now :P I just didn't install them when installing BS Player due to having K-Lite codecs on computer already and I thought that they might "fight" among eachother.
... , but you've lost me there ???
(I only asked why you didn't use BS.Player to download, which has nothing to do with codecs or codec-packs.)
P.S.:
We always advise against using codec-packs.
Old 8th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

I didn't know before that you can download with BS Player until recently :P I was using realplayer before that for downloading.
Old 4th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

kokir is on a distinguished road
Default Youtube Live Streaming

Hi,

I just bought the PRO version and I am unable to play Youtube Live Streams. From what I understood on your website BS Player playes Youtube Streams.
None of these live streams will play - https:// www. youtube.com/channel/SBAaOjE-GIlRI

Re,
Koki
Old 24th December 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

We will check this.
Old 23rd March 2016
BS.Player Newbie

AnnieWayen is on a distinguished road

Yes..I don't remember when I met this kind of problem before..but I just wondering if the bsplayer can download 4k movie too?

Tags
streaming, videos, youtube