Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Amital is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles

Hi,

I use the AVISUB program to mux up (assimilate) subtitles in the movies.
It works and I can see them well by my very old DVD player.
I do not see those subtitles with the BS-Player (Ver 2.36).
What I have to do to see them with BS-Player?
Please your advice

Thanks

Amital
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I'm afraid some of the features of the media container format (file-extension .divx) introduced with DivX6 are proprietary. E.g. DivX do not allow others the use of their subtitle format, which is therefore not supported by any other player than its own DivXplayer and stand-alone players (for which purpose tools like AviSub and AVIAddXSubs are - in fact - intended to be used according to the information of the developpers of those tools).
That being said: long before this media container format was intoduced together with the bloated DivX6 (I would always advise DivX5.2.1, Xvid or ffdshow), BS.Player could already natively show external subtitles, like e.g. .srt-subtitles. BS.Player also natively supports selection of a sub in a specific language (if more subs in different languages are available.)
I didn't test at this time, but think it should work if videofiles and subs are e.g. named as follows:
VideoFileNamePart1.avi
VideoFileNamePart1.Dutch.srt
VideoFileNamePart1.English.srt
VideoFileNamePart1.French.srt
VideoFileNamePart2.avi
VideoFileNamePart2.Dutch.srt
VideoFileNamePart2.English.srt
VideoFileNamePart2.French.srt
(BS.Player also supports two subs to be displayed at the same time.)

(For multiple audio streams in .divx-files maybe read this.)

So if you still happen to have your original .srt files, BS.Player can simply use these as an external subtitle-file. With respect to its loading maybe read this.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
subtitles