Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

netizenk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online subtitles question

Hi, for some reason my question was deleted in the news & updates section so here it is again...

I really like the new online subtitles feature but it is pretty much useless to me if I cannot save the downloaded subtitles for offline use...

I understand that the online subtitles are currently only stored in RAM so my question is if BS Player team plans on allowing users to save srt subtitle files to HDD for offline use?

Thanks...
Old 19th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Save auto-downloaded subs for off-line use

The post was just moved to the apropiate section

There is still a workaround for your problem. Download the subtitle and while the movie it's opened, rightclick -> subtitle ->primary -> subtitle editor and here you will find the subtitle file. Go there to Subtitle -> save subtitle. Done. Thanks blackps for this
Old 19th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Of course this work-around only works for Pro-version!
(Free version has no Subtitle editor)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

netizenk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both, that workaround is good enough for my needs...
Old 21st March 2009
BS.Player Master

It is blackps who first mentioned this work-around!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 13th April 2009
BS.player Regular User

marciton is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I use a pro-lite version and I don't have any solution ...
it's strange why bsplayer don't simply store the srt files with the avi???
Old 14th April 2009
BS.Player Master

Pro-lite version was discontinued a while ago.
Online subs were never supported by pro-lite version.
So marciton please tell us what exactly you want.
As unfortunately we fail to understand!
If you wish to "burn" subtitles permanently on the movie-file, that has nothing to do whatsoever with the subject of this thread (on-line subtitles). For that purpose maybe check this thread.
Old 14th April 2009
BS.player Regular User

marciton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Pro-lite version was discontinued a while ago.
yes but I've it because it's still updated until the end of the supported period and the last version, 2.36, have the on-line subtitles function ...

and what I want, it's the subject of this thread : "I really like the new online subtitles feature but it is pretty much useless to me if I cannot save the downloaded subtitles for offline use..."

so same for me!
:->
Old 14th April 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

If you want guys I can provide you a better/faster solution (it should work for every version that supports on-line subtitles starting from v2.40+)...................................

Ok, here it is:
- Open BSplayer folder (or the BSplayer settings folder if you decided to save the settings in the user profile directory)
- Open the Cache folder
- There you should find a file with an alfanumerical name plus the subtitle file name and probably a DLSUBC extension
- End. That file should be the subtitle file. Just rename it as you wish, or open it with Notepad and see what's in there

Note: BSPlayer folder by default is %ProgramFiles%\Webteh\BSplayerPro
Note: BSplayer settings folder by default is %AppData%\BSplayer

To open those folders in Windows Explorer just click on START -> Run... -> type the above urls and press OK, or open Windows Explorer and type those urls in the address field and press Enter
Old 20th April 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Jemcrystal is on a distinguished road
Question I have a free player and the subtext disappeared...

I have a free BSPlayer Vers. 2.35. I download and watch Japanese anime with English subtext. I do not really understand how this works on a BSPlayer. I am used to dealing with English subtext done via Fansubs. So it amazes me that I can turn the subtext on and off with the BSPlayer. I don't understand why that is. Why isn't the subtext on the show itself?

Anyway, I was watching an anime and three-fourths the way through, it stopped translating to English. The scene was a women singing and people talking both at the same time. The woman's singing was translated into sing-song gibberish but none of the character's talking was translated. Then I see this: PLACEHOLDER. And it keeps saying PLACEHOLDER over and over again from then on out.

If I go online to watch the movie, the song is translated into English (no gibberish) and everything the characters are saying during the woman's song is also in English and totally there.

I've played with changing the subtitles primary and secondary and having them both on. Nothing I do fixes this.

My question is: How do I fix this???
Old 24th April 2009
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

It seems to me that the subtitle you are using is an uncompleted one.
Can you post here the subtitle file you are using?
Old 19th May 2009
BS.Player Newbie

BigDeal is on a distinguished road
Default help

I don´t know why but online subtitles searching doesn´t work anymore. It was awesome, it downloaded after few seconds but after week it started to write: "no subtitles found" from no reason. Can you tell me what should I do?
Old 19th May 2009
BS.Player Master

Some links:
For some reason i get "NO SUBTITLES FOUND"
bsplayer cant find subtitles on the web
Subtitles
Old 12th June 2009
BS.player Regular User

baracuda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio View Post
If you want guys I can provide you a better/faster solution (it should

BSPlayer folder by default is %ProgramFiles%\Webteh\BSplayerPro
BSplayer settings folder by default is %AppData%\BSplayer
thanks info
Old 14th July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

swedepete is on a distinguished road
Default Online subtitle URL´s

Is there a way to change the subtitle URL to someting else and how?
Opensubtitles.org doesn´t have swedish subs.
Old 14th July 2009
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedepete View Post
Is there a way to change the subtitle URL to someting else and how?
Opensubtitles.org doesn´t have swedish subs.
(1) This has been the initial idea; not implemented sofar; still on 'wishlist'
(2) Opensubtitles.org does have swedish subs!
Old 16th September 2010
BS.Player Newbie

gabisarbu18 is on a distinguished road
Angry online subtitles

How can I make BSPlayer stop check the subtitles found automatically? every time I watch a movie it finds automatically countless subtitles (over 10) in different languages. And most of them are already checked and I have to uncheck and leave only those that I'm interested! (in Romanian for exemple) problem should not be so stressful if I'd watch a movie on a weekend or even one per night, but I'm crazy with tv series and watch very often (about 10 serials a day) and I honestly wish i wouldn't have to do this a 100 times a day... I hope that is one who can help me ... thanks
Old 16th September 2010
BS.Player Master

Optiuni -> preferinte -> subtitrare -> tab-ul subtitrari online si debifeaza acolo "foloseste subtitrari online"

Options -> preferences -> subtitles -> online subtitles TAB and uncheck "use online subtitles"
Old 16th September 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
Optiuni -> preferinte -> subtitrare -> tab-ul subtitrari online si debifeaza acolo "foloseste subtitrari online"

Options -> preferences -> subtitles -> online subtitles TAB and uncheck "use online subtitles"
That stops BS.Player from searching on-line subtitles, but I don't think that's what gabisarbu18 wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabisarbu18
....And most of them are already checked and I have to uncheck and leave only those that I'm interested!
I think he/she means that of the many subtitles found and listed by BS.Player also some 10 or more are automatically checked=selected (auto-preselected for download). And gabisarbu18 finds it a nuisance (and I cannot but agree) that he/she has to uncheck so many subs each time. Unfortunately I don't think that, except for setting the preferred subs-language in BS.Player (but this seems to work far from perfect, and that's an understatement), there is presently any setting which may influence that.
Old 17th September 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabisarbu18 View Post
How can I make BSPlayer stop check the subtitles found automatically?
This part is what I have answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabisarbu18 View Post
every time I watch a movie it finds automatically countless subtitles (over 10) in different languages. And most of them are already checked and I have to uncheck and leave only those that I'm interested! (in Romanian for exemple)
As for this part, I have posted a bug report some weeks ago

On the other hand, romanian subtitles are first posted on addic7ted.com on niftyteam.ro (they do indeed most of the series) and on subs.ro . On opensubtitles they are uploaded later by users.

Tags
online, question, subtitles