Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th February 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Unhappy BS.Player no longer works on my (first) budget tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
I laid my hands on a budget iLC 7" Tablet PC (MID Tab701) running on an ARM 800Mhz CPU, 258MB memory, 800x480 pixels LCD resistive touch screen with LED backlight, videoprocessor DSP 300MHz with Android 2.2 as OS (to be more specific Wonder Media WM8650 kernel 2.6.32.9-default build; generic-eng 2.2 Froyo v1.2.3-20110414.152957).
I downloaded and installed BSPlayer light with no problem. However, when trying to run it, it doesn't and reports "Unsupported CPU. Please report to the developer. (0,0)"
Quote:
BSPlayer Lite update (beta build 111) with BSPlayer ARMv5 VFP CPU support did the trick!!
Now BSPlayer is also running on my Android Tablet PC!!
(UI: English only; any plans for multi language support?)
Quote:
On my budget tablet the movie surface seems more "granulated" in the new BSPlayer v1.0.119 with accompanying v. 1.1 of ARMv5 VFP CPU support (SW mode; HW mode cannot be used on this device).
Updating BS.Player Light (following a "new version available" message) on my first budget tablet appears to have been a bad idea.
Now it doesn't work anymore!!
It keeps (falsely) reporting that "ARMv5 support library is not available. Please download it from the market" even when having uninstalled and then re-downloaded ARMv5 support and installed it (repeatedly). Also after having uninstalled both player and support from the tablet and reinstalling it again.

H E L P . . . I want BSPlayer also working (again) on my very first budget tablet !!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th February 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Noted, will be fixed in next version.
Old 1st March 2013
BS.Player Master

Promises, promises .... Not fixed!

Version installed is 1.8.148 and there seems no newer version available on Market (for this tablet). In fact a search produces no BSPlayer whatsoever, whereas it shows the (4) support packages.
Version ARMv5 support library available to download (and install!! maybe that's causing the problem) is version 1.9.
BSPlayer light/free (English only) worked fine on this tablet untill it (apparently incorrectly) prompted to update.
In fact when I go directly to https://market.android.com/details?i...spandroid.free and try to install BSPlayer, it indicates that it is not compatible with my "phone" and requests me to select one of my other two tablets.
Now ... how do I again get a working version back on this budget tablet?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th March 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Same here on my Samsung Galaxy Y smartphone, difference is it requires ARM6 support.
Old 14th March 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Re-installed ARM 6 support today, seems that the problem was fixed menawhile.
Old 15th March 2013
BS.Player Master

Maybe your problem was solved ... NOT mine!

Tags
budget, longer, tablet, works