Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th March 2010
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road
Default [FIXED] Auto add all files from folder in playlist

Autoadding files from catalog is buggy in the newer versions, it places the file you use to add from the folder to play in the top of the playlist (instead of sorting order), also it buggy when you then try to move it into the right order manually altogether.

Another minor nuisance is "don't change video size in full screen" option overrides "as previous" in the playlist if have "Auto Pan&Scan" set to "fit to screen" thingy in full screen.

Cheers!
Old 29th March 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlight View Post
.... if have "Auto Pan&Scan" set to "fit to screen" thingy in full screen.
Confuzzled!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th March 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Autoadding files from catalog folder is buggy in the newer versions, it places the file you use to add from the folder to play in the top of the playlist (instead of sorting order)...
I assume by catalog you mean folder or directory (and not e.g. ML).
I personally think this isn't a bug but a feature. IMHO it really does make good sence to put the file used to add files from folder (by having the option "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" selected) on top of the playlist as that same file is also the one ready to play first (or that will be played immediately if "Auto play" is selected). I agree in older versions this was not so, but I think the present way really makes more sence and is more logical. Maybe you should use the other option to add all files in a folder to a playlist, i.e. by rightclicking on playlist itself and then select "Add directory" and then browse to the folder and clicking on the folder's name. That option even gives you the possibility to include files from subfolders ("[v] Recurse subdirectories" at the top).

Quote:
... also it buggy when you then try to move it into the right order manually altogether.
I tested:
The sort-function of both the old and new style playlist delivers what may be expected.
Buttons (Up)/(Down) in old style playlist: No problems whatsoever!
(No such buttons in new style playlist)
Manual dragging/dropping:
Old style playlist: I can easily manually place any file on any position in the list. So no problem whatsoever!
New style playlist: minor problem: I can place any file on any position in the list with no problem at all except for positioning it at the very bottom.
(To achieve that you now have to move it down to the max and then place the one on the bottom one up). So you've found a minor in new style playlist here I think!

Quote:
Another minor nuisance is "don't change video size in full screen" option overrides "as previous" in the playlist ...
I personally wouldn't expect otherwise. I think if there are more users sharing your 'nuisance', we would like to know! Anyone?

Quote:
...if have "Auto Pan&Scan" set to "fit to screen" thingy in full screen.
This part of your text is as clear as mud to me.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 9th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

WhACKO is an unknown quantity at this point

It really doesn't make any sense having the file on top of the playlist, especially when watching a folder with correctly named ascending files, like 1 -2 - 3 - 4 - 5.
Now say that you wish to continue watching from file no.3, this would mess everything up making the play order 3 -1 -2 - 4 - 5.
If it really is a feature, please make it optional as an addition to load all files from folder, e.g. place file on top of playlist.

This way I need to play the file where I left off, call the playlist and then choose to sort by path and filename, which is way too many clicks, the previous default was much more intuitive.
Old 10th April 2010
BS.Player Master

To put correctly named ascending files, like abc1.avi abc2.avi abc3.avi abc4.avi abc5.avi in playlist to play them sequentially, there is no need whatsoever to select "Always add all files in current directory to playlist".
If - with this option deselected - you load/play the first file of a sequence, the following files will be added automatically in playlist.
E.g. if you load abc1.avi: all files abc2 to 5 will also be added to playlist and abc1.avi is ready to play or starts to play (may depend on other settings).
However, if you load abc3.avi, only abc4.avi and abc5.avi will be added automatically (with abc3.avi starting to play or ready to play).
Further, you can also make BS.Player "remember" where you left last time (also in the middle of some movie), by setting "Remember last movie position" under General Preferences. Next time BS.Player will ask you if you want to continue from the point where you left.
Old 10th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
To put correctly named ascending files, like abc1.avi abc2.avi abc3.avi abc4.avi abc5.avi in playlist to play them sequentially, there is no need whatsoever to select "Always add all files in current directory to playlist".
If - with this option deselected - you load/play the first file of a sequence, the following files will be added automatically in playlist.
E.g. if you load abc1.avi: all files abc2 to 5 will also be added to playlist and abc1.avi is ready to play or starts to play (may depend on other settings).
However, if you load abc3.avi, only abc4.avi and abc5.avi will be added automatically (with abc3.avi starting to play or ready to play).
How and why is that supposed to work?? What file format does it require? I can see that being useful for playing two or more disc movies, but for playing a folder with episodes it simply doesn't work... This "feature" actually doesn't make any sense if the "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" exists, and it doesn't do what its supposed to do.
Old 11th April 2010
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhACKO View Post
How and why is that supposed to work?? What file format does it require? I can see that being useful for playing two or more disc movies, but for playing a folder with episodes it simply doesn't work... This "feature" actually doesn't make any sense if the "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" exists, and it doesn't do what its supposed to do.
How: automatically. Why: IMHO this seems obvious enough (Other approach: simply because its conveniently programmed that way to support BS.Player's users' wishes.)
This way you can e.g. also watch the videofiles (no menues etc !) of a Blue-ray DVD (depending on the compression format used) copied to your HD (...\STREAM\00000.m2ts .... 00001.m2ts etc.) i.a. assuming that you allowed - upon installation - BS.Player to internally install the codecs/filters it needs, such as e.g. Haali.
It works for any video format (and I personally wouldn't mind if it would also work for audio (e.g. think of the tracks of a spoken book)).
It actually also does work for a folder with episodes, provided these are properly numbered consecutively (otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it).
It really does make good sence as it concerns two different features; if you do not see that "all files" (=all media files) differs from (video)files with (same name exept for the) consecutive numbering, well then I can't really help you.
What's more: the "all files" feature was added comparatively recently if compared with the "auto-adding" feature which actually dates back to the early days of BS.Player and it was already implemented in the pre 1.x versions of BS.Player.
To the contrary: it does exactly what it is supposed to do! (Did you try? If so: what BS.Player version/build are you using?)
Old 11th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Arrow

Ok, I understand the difference between all files/ all media files, and I tried playing with the options again, I guess last time I tried with a 2 cd movie %name%cd1.avi %name%cd2.avi and it worked, but for episodes s1e01%name.avi s1e02%name%.avi it didn't work, and I just figured it out why.

The thing is that this option collides with the "When finished" option is set to shutdown computer. When playing a movie it continues to the next one, but when playing a folder with episodes it shows the shutdown dialog upon finishing.

I'm using the latest version from your website, guess I can live with this way of playing folders, but maybe this needs to be clarified a bit more?

Oh, and not to be a bother but there still isn't an option to have the playlist always on top? :P
Old 11th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Ok, this is becoming a drag... now I can't get it to work for episodes, don't know what the problem is? The files in the folder are correctly named s01e01%name%.avi s0e02%name%.avi and so on, if i press the button for next the same episode just reloads (repeat off is selected), and remember movie position is checked. Even if the show finishes on its own it doesn't go to the next one (nothing to do with the when finished option)

It only works if the file is named as %name%cd1.avi %name%cd2.avi... Am I missing something??

I'm using the latest free 2.52.1031 version from the website.
Old 16th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

neral is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem !!!! i DON'T want the video file load to be the FIRST of the playlist is auto add video file is checked !

it's a very serious problem with TV Series !!!! if you play S05E14 who want to see S05E01 next : NOBODY !!!! we want to see S05E15 next !!!
Old 20th April 2010
BS.Player Master

Meanwhile BS.Player team added (under Playlist preferences) a new option "Sort files" to BS.Player's features (version 2.53).
That should meet with your requirements!
Old 20th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

COOOL thanks a lot !!!

(but there's a bug, when i click on a video file, it's the file before in the playlist that is played... exemple: i whant to see S05E13, i click on it, and there S05E12 that's played!!! i have to click on "next" to see S05E13)
Old 22nd April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Thanks for the sort option, but its still buggy, it won't (auto)play the loaded file, or it will start from the the last played file in the folder, it isn't working like it used to.
Old 25th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

same bug for me : in some folder, the file played is only the last of the playlist.... (bsplayer version 2.53.1034)
Old 28th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

any news ??? this bug is very anoying!!!!
Old 12th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

rudiman is on a distinguished road

I can't believe that a minor bug like this couldn't be fixed yet...
Old 13th May 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Will be fixed in next beta version of BS.Player.
Old 9th June 2010
BS.player Regular User

Farlight is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Can confirm that the sorting issue is resolved in the new beta

However when you move/drag&drop a file DOWN one step manually it doesn't show it as moved in the playlist even tho it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Confuzzled!
lol yeah sorry about that but I believe my mud throwing :p will get cleared once this is. I'll try to be more clear nexttime.
Old 15th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

rudiman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Sorry to say this, but what's going on with this playlist bug is a joke...

Tags
add, auto, files, folder, playlist