Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

synth is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles always visible when EVR renderer is used

Hi,

I'm, using the EVR renderer option to draw the subtitles within the black lower border (under the movie image) however the subtitles never disappear - they're always showing.

This happens only when "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer" option is checked. When it's not checked (and the subs are drawing within the movie picture) they appear and disappear normally after a few seconds.

Is this a known issue or i'm missing something?

P.S.
I'm using the BS Player free version 2.53.
Old 12th July 2010
BS.player Regular User

OK, so after digging in the options i have discovered that when using the "Internal renderer DirectShow surface" rendering mode (under Video->Video Rendering) and move the subtitles down below the image (by Shift+down arrow) - this accomplishes what i wanted.

The player seems to remember the subtitles shifting position which is good and that solves the problem.

But the bug remains because the EVR renderer worked quite well and no manual shifting was required (when using the option from my previous post).

p.s.
I'm using Windows 7 Home premium (with Aero enabled of course).

Also does anyone know what is the difference between those two renderers?
Old 31st July 2010
BS.player Regular User

I'd like to report that after a while using the "Internal renderer DirectShow surface" rendering mode i've seen the player stuck too many times on closing open videos (or opening a movie when one is already playing). Which is solved by killing the BS Player and reopening it.

Just wanted to say that i'd really like to use the EVR Renderer, but with it i just can't get the subs under the video (when playing 16:9 movies).

I would really like this fixed

P.S.
I'm using Win7 x64.
Old 3rd August 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth View Post
...Just wanted to say that i'd really like to use the EVR Renderer, but with it i just can't get the subs under the video (when playing 16:9 movies).
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
Check/select "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"
(and maybe try "Use new subtitle parser/renderer")
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

werecow is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem (and I also have the same problems mentioned above with the direct show surface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
Check/select "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"
(and maybe try "Use new subtitle parser/renderer")
As the first post suggests, that leaves the subtitles (or, more specifically, the part rendered below the actual movie image) hanging around on the screen until the next line shows up, as if though that part of the screen isn't polled when the time of the current subtitle runs out.

EDIT: I should note that this does not happen all of the time. Sometimes the subtitles disappear when they should.

EDIT 2: I should probably also note that I'm using the new subtitle parser/renderer.

On a side note, I used to use the default renderer, which worked great, but after upgrading the drivers for my Asus GTX 570 DCII GPU to the latest version (285.62), unfortunately it no longer works properly with BSplayer 2.57 and my Acer H5360 beamer. It works sporadically with my monitor (Acer 27" HN274HBMIIID 3D display), but most of the time it does not.

Last edited by werecow; 7th January 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 7th January 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Please update to latest version/build (click here) first (most subtitle-bugs were fixed in that version/build) and test.
If you still have subtitle-problems, please report back here.
(If solved please also let us know.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
evr, renderer, subtitles, visible