Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th March 2011
BS.player Regular User

beholder4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSp crashes first time on startup after computer restart?

Hi guys, this came with the latest BSplayer version:
on the eee intel-based netbook that frequently loads movies via home wifi network the player crashes upon "first start of the new movie" (basically double clicking movie icon in windows explorer shell). The movie starts playing but the player shows crash message. When I close the player and run the player itself again, it doesn't remember the movie that crashed but instead loads last played movie (one played before the one I wanted to play this time).
Funny thing is that when I load the new movie into that same player again it runs fine and the player continues running other files too. Until next computer restart, I think..

This could be something with BSplayer accessing a movie over network or a network buffering issue or maybe something as simple as search for subtitles online. Must still debug it and all problems around it, but in this phase I wanted to ask if anyone has had any problems like this too and if you could give me any pointers/hints about it. Thanks, the frequent crashing gets on my nerves.

Will later submit crash logs too..
Old 13th April 2011
BS.player Regular User

beholder4096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default caused by subtitle search

This crashing was caused by searching for subtitles (online) -- turning off this feature stopped
'crashing over network' alltogether. Seems like the process assessing the file over network somehow crashed BSplayer, while the file opened normally in play window and played.

It's still weird it happened only the 1st time after computer restart when a file was played, restart of BSplayer stopped crashing until next restart of system.

I'd like to get a comment from developers or an admin if possible what is going to happen with this report and whether I should pursue this issue any further (it's a non-issue for me now since I discovered how to remove it).
Old 13th April 2011
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Send us crash report and PM me email you used for the report.

Tags
bsp, computer, crashes, startup, time