Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Plety is on a distinguished road
Default BS Player Problem

I have a problem with bs player, to be exact it started in about a month (give or take few days).
The problem is this:
Every once in a while at irregular intervals my bs player stopps working (freezes), at beggening of episode, middle, then can skip few episodes, movies... and produces a sound like ding-ding... and I can't get rid of the problem. I've tried different versions of the program ( I now have 2.57.1051.) even the latest, tried downloading K-Lite Codec Pack, and a lot of other stuff for codecs, allowing with my antivirus and firewall (I use PC Tools Internet Secutity), and even reinstalling Windows, but no help.

Any help will be appriciated
Thx
Old 5th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Plety is on a distinguished road

bump, and help please...
Old 5th December 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Usually, that "ding" it's generated when a running program pops up another window with a message or something like that. So, if you click on the main window, it does not respond and generate that sound. If it's that "ding" then you should probably try to whatch a movie in windowed mode (not full screen) and see if another window pop up.
It may be a subtitle upload/download window (some older versions had such problems) so my advice is also to upgrade to a newer version (yours is 1 year old allready).
Old 5th December 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plety View Post
....tried downloading K-Lite Codec Pack, and a lot of other stuff for codecs....
Note we generally advise against using codec packs. Installing such packs doesn't really make it easier to pinpoint a problem. Instead allow BS.Player, upon its installation, to internally install its preferred codecs/filters. (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's filters/codecs.)
[Maybe also give some info on your system.]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 11th December 2011
BS.player Regular User

ZenicaNJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Note we generally advise against using codec packs. Installing such packs doesn't really make it easier to pinpoint a problem. Instead allow BS.Player, upon its installation, to internally install its preferred codecs/filters. (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's filters/codecs.)
[Maybe also give some info on your system.]
How do you force BS.Player to install codecs local vs system? When I installed BS.Player, only two of the codecs installed local, the rest installed to the system and I was not given a choice during the installation.
Old 11th December 2011
BS.Player Master

If BS.Player's accompanying program "codecmanager.exe" finds some of its preferred codecs/filters are already installed on your system, it will not also install them locally as BS.Player will then use the system's filters/codecs.
If you want to know which filters/codecs BS.Player is actually using for playback of any specific file, just load that file and then look under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
There you will be able to find the codecs/filters which are actually used by BS.Player for that specific file.
When you click on the small [+]-signs in front of the filters/codecs shown, further information (and access) to those filters becomes accessible.
(Note: do not forget to also click on "source", as that may reveal usefull info too).

Note: codecmanager.exe and BS.Player's "Filter management" (under rightclick > Options > Preferences > Filter management) are two separate things. The first is an auxiliary program to check if BS.Player's preferred codecs/filters are installed and up-to-date (and if not installed it will install 'internally' if permitted by you and/or if not up-to-date it will show you). The second one is BS.Player's in-built filtermanager, allowing you to e.g. change filter-priority or to blacklist certain (system's) filters for use by BS.Player (e.g. if that filter causes problems). When a filter is blacklisted by you in BS.Player's Filter management, BS.Player will - as a rule - automatically search and find another (combination) of splitter/filters/codecs to play the file.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

motora2011 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have a small but annoying problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've searched the net for an answer but couldn't find one. So, here I am. My videos, in BsPlayer, have a stutter (from what I've read this is the term for what I have ). I mean that video accelerates for 1, 2 seconds every 10-15 min. I can tell by the dialogues in the movie, it skips. The subtitles work fine, sound works fine, it doesn't come unsync.
I have the same codecs that I use on my work computer and the same version of BsPlayer. I've done everything and still no effect (update the nVidia driver, uninstall all codecs and let only BSplayer Codec manager, Update all codecs , reinstall Bsplayer, update windows, change resolution and refresh rate of the monitor ).
I don't want to give up Bsplayer because I'm very attached to it, but other players act the same.
I would like any suggestion. Thank you very much. Please help!
Old 27th December 2011
BS.Player Master

For starters please always mention BS.Player version and build number.
You mention "... other players act the same" meaning that you have the same problem when using other players. In this connection maybe also provide some info about your PC (CPU, GPU, memory, OS).
Do you have this problem irrespective of which type of videofile you're playing?
Can you let us know which filters/codecs are used by BS.Player for files that have the stuttering? (You can find out by loading/playing such file and then performing a rightclick and selecting Options>Filters>Advanced and if necessary click on "Source" and on the small [+]-signs in front of the filters shown, which will give you further info and access to the filters.)
How are settings under
rightclick>Options>Preferences>Video>[Video rendering] ?
Also what is setting of "Process priority" under Preferences >General [General settings] (and, if Pro-version, settings under [Network buffer])?

Tags
player