Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th August 2003
BS.player Regular User

quentin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default audio/video asynchronised

I downloaded a movy in .avi and have got sound + image but they are not synchronised. Do you have an idea, I couldn't find answers int his bug reports forum.
Quentin
Old 6th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

This issue was raised in this forum quite a few times already. If you use the [Search] button you will find it easily.
The best solution is to resync the subtitles (which often come from a different source than the movie). I personally use (and very much like) "subsync" which you can download from Vladimir's site at pandora belgium.
E.g. see: http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=5958#5958
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th August 2003
BS.player Regular User

quentin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I read it

Thank you BSPeter for your help but I had read this topic, it talks about problem between subtitle and video. My question is about audio / video. I ear the sound 0.5 sec 4 secondes before the image ... and trust me, I tried to follow a movy : it's almost impossible !
Do you have an answer for this asynchronisation ?

Quentin
Old 9th August 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

:oops: You're so right.
I apparently didn't read your question properly and more or less "jumped to a conclusion"
I'll make a billboard for myself saying:
"First put brain at work before letting fingers tap the keyboard". :P

However, I have occasionally come across your problem in the past with a few videos and I've always been able to rectify it using VirtualDub.
http://www.virtualdub.org/index
Whilst using "direct stream copy" for both audio and video, you can use the "auto skew correction" of the "interleaving" tab of "audio".
Maybe you have to fiddle around a bit first to get it right, but I've always succeeded. (And you do not have to do the whole video to try of course; just a short piece (with voice) will do to find out if the setting you're using is OK!)
Success!!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
asynchronised, audio or video