Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

ky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles displayed too short time

When subtitles are in TMPlayer format they disappear to quickly from
screen . I think default display time is too short, and I can not find
option to set it. There is only max time not min time.
I think it can touch another subtitle formats with starting time only also.
Old 15th September 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Perhaps the answer to your problem can be found here:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=6799#6799
(Look for Subtitle Workshop)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

ky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Thanks for help!
I think some kind of bsplayer configuration info (option to set, ini file item or registry key to edit) will be better. I dont know if such thing ever exists
(is it possible). But there minimal time for such subtitles why is it not user settable (or maybe is?). PSPlayer is really good player but those things (timings) with subtitles it could have more sofisticated (or better documented). Subtitles I have are usually on CD and it not convinient to edit them.
So I am asking for help again: is there in BSPlayer option to set, ini file item or registry key to edit to longer default time for displaing subtitles without given duration time? (TMPlayer format)
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

TMplayer format gives only the start time for the subtitle to be displayed and therefore not how much time to be displayed. So, only option is to modify the maximum subtitle display time in options, preferences, subtitles. Give a 6000 ms time. If this don't solve the problem, try install vobsub and use it to display subtitle instead of bsplayer itself.
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
only option is to modify the maximum subtitle display time in options, preferences, subtitles. Give a 6000 ms time.
I cannot imagine how this could possibly solve the problem, unless ky's present setting of BSPlayer's "Maximum subtitle display time (msec)" is simply too short and thereby causing the problem that ky has insufficient time to properly read the subtitles.
For ky's problem isn't that the subtitles display too long, but instead they display too short.
So (again unless ...(etc. as above)....) I truly don't see how the setting of a maximum display time would help!
Instead ky would need to be able to set a minimum display time as (s)he has also properly indicated in his/her post!

(P.S.: I would be interested to learn from ky if his/her present settings indeed were simply too short and effectively caused the problem or not)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th September 2003
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky
So I am asking for help again: is there in BSPlayer option to set, ini file item or registry key to edit to longer default time for displaing subtitles without given duration time? (TMPlayer format)
In as far as I am aware of: No (not at present).
But wouldn't it be an option to use Subtitle Workshop (see link in my first reply to you) in two ways:
(1) to convert subtitle to e.g. .srt (SubRip) format
and
(2) to set the minimum (and maximum) duration time as wanted by you
(See post of earlier link:
SubtitleWorkshop's "Timing operations" i.a. provide in a possibility to "Set duration limits (maximum duration and minimum duration"))
Now, though I've no personal experience with it, I think it may be worth a try!

Tags
displayed, short, subtitles, time