Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Mixter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default File Association Bug

If i change the file associations to none or all, it will not preserve it's settings, instead pops up back as "default". And then, it will make the Explorer load a window full of movies very slowly first time (after reboot), when the movie files are associated with BSPlayer. If I change the associations to none, the problem vanishes but comes back when I reenter the File associations settings in Options. Is there any fix for that, or is that my XP windows thats screwnup :?: :? /Mixter
Old 18th August 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

File association bug indeed is an older bug already
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=13002#13002

The second issue you mention could perhaps also be related to your anti-virus application
( http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=15784#15784 )
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

strudelbrain is an unknown quantity at this point

After installing XP from the scratch I have this file association bug as well. Weird thing is that BSPlayer associates with no type at all. There are no checks in the boxes. I tried to do it manually but that didnt really work either - explorer now showed that there is no association set for the specified file type.
Is there any way to get around this bug or some kind of software tool to set file associations (since I dont really know how to do it in the registry)? As it is now it renders the player kind of useless for me, which is really sad and it seems that this is an older bug (funny that I havent experienced it before).
Old 19th August 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Definetly is not BSPlayer's bug. On the system I've installed BSPlayer (about 20) no such bug. I can asociate 1-2, all, none of the extensions with no problem at all. Settings are remembered. One is win98SE, all others are XP.
Old 19th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

strudelbrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it probably depends on how you define "bug". I had no problems until today either but since this behaviour of BSPlayer not remembering settings has been reported a few times already there must be set of circumstances where and when BSPlayer is behaving oddly.

What is really strange is that I cant select BSPlayer from the "open with ... " menu either. Winamp and Windows Media Player are registered programs, when I try "other..." I can select Bsplayer.exe in the explorer, but nothing happens. Looks like BSPlayer is not registered correctly or something like that.

Tags
association