Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Tntin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aspect ratio (?Bug?) on wide monitors (only with BSpro 1.41)

I've just registered for the PRO version... and I've set my settings exactly like in my old free version.... but now when I read a 4:3 sized video in fullscreen mode, it displays the video without the top and bottom, in wide screen mode...even if I have the "keep aspect ratio" box checked (it was working fine with my old bsplayer with these settings checked: "use "display info"", "cut top and bottom of video") Now I must each time do an "auto pan-scan" do see the entire video with the right and left black stripes...
Is this I bug?

This should be a good idea to improve and clarify the aspect ratio options in the next bsplayer release!

Thanks

EDIT: this seems to be the same problem as posted by walt disney
Old 29th April 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aspect ratio (?Bug?) on wide monitors (only with BSpro 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tntin
I must each time do an "auto pan-scan" to see the entire video with the right and left black stripes...
The "help-text" with the option "Cut top and bottom of video in full screen mode" reads
"If checked top and bottom of video will be cut (in full screen mode, if video height > monitor height) in a way that will fit to screen. Usefull on wide (16:9) monitors, so there is no black bars on left and right."

(There are several settings which (may) concern aspect ratio:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > ....
(1) .... General > "For full screen mode switch to"
(2) .... Video > [General]
(3) .... Playlist
as well as:
(4) (rightclick >) Playlist (north-east quarter)
and
(5) (rightclick >) Video > "Keep aspect ratio".
Further, if you change a setting and test with the same movie as played before, make sure to uncheck "Remember movie settings" under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General.
)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th April 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for your help!

But that's the problem! I've passed hours to search what could differ in the options between my pro and my free version, and I've checked all the settings that may concern the aspect ratio... but the behavior is still not the same, even with the same configuration file! (I've copied my old BSplayer.xml in my C:\Documents and Settings\my_user_account\Application Data\BSplayer Pro directory, and:

->when I play the 4:3 tagged mpg file in the free version, the file is correctly displayed (with the right and left black stripes, and the possibility to display a letterbox 4:3 video at full width by pushing the "m" key

->when I play a 4:3 tagged mpg file in the pro version, (with extended attributes reading enabled , so bsplayer should detect the file aspect ratio as 4:3) the file is (most of the time) directly displayed as letterbox, in the full width of the screen with the top and bottom hidden. I must push the O "auto pan-scan" key and the file is (most of the time) correctly displayed.
Old 30th April 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just to make sure you know: pressing [M] for 'movie mode' function puts the movie at top, subtitles at bottom and also enables pan-scan as needed.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th May 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Ok maybe it's not a bug (in that case, sorry! My post is in the wrong forum!)

But I would like to know how to make a "real time" pan scan with a film, (I mean: detect if a film is letterbox or full 4:3, and automatically change the display ratio on a wide screen.) (Like some 16:9 tv's...for example with my sony tv, when a "letterbox" film interrupts, to show some ads (in full 4:3) the aspect ratio is changing automatically, by detecting that there is no more black stripes at the top and bottom of received images).

If it isn't possible yet, this should be a great feature for the next releases, with some user preferences (e.g : ->if the display of the video is letterbox, do that: [some choice of video display ratios/subtitle positions, etc]! ->if the display is full 4:3, [....] )

Tags
aspect, monitors, ratio, wide