Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th January 2007
BS.Player Newbie

jpgoninet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need MPEG 2 encoder

I just installed BS player Pro . A normal DVD does not run. apprarently I don't have an MPEG 2 decoder ????, where can I find one ? and what should I do to instlla it....I find wird that it is not supplied with BS PLayer Pro ? is it not normally coming with BS player ?

Thanks for your help.
Old 30th January 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

As mentioned in the last line of item (4) of my Help2Help-post ...
Quote:
check out adicoto's list of codecs (click here) (note: you must be logged in for this post)

P.S.:
By the way: you do know that purchasers of BS.Player Pro (holding an officially obtained registration code), are entitled to receive technical e-mail support directly from BS.Player-team? This is made available through the contact-form at http://www.bsplayer.org/en/contact_us/. (A link to this form is also provided at BSPlayer's webpage "Customer Service").
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th January 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by reclock.free.fr
DirectShow was cleverly designed because it will automatically search and find what filters are the best to render a movie. For example, the audio and video renderers are completely generic (they are provided by Microsoft) and will eat the output of every decoder filter in the world.
That’s one reason why there exist many DIVX players out there. A player is only a nutshell where filter graphs are built and run.
Yes that's what BSPlayer is. To actually decode video you need a decoder filter.

Tags
encoder, mpeg