Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th December 2007
BS.player Regular User

residentour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Version 2.26 and still cropped subtitle bug

Today i downloaded version 2.26 and hoped the subtitle crop problem was fixed. I have posted about this problem two times. (example : http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12824)
To remember about this bug :
I watch 720p (1280x720) mkv files encoded with x264 codec. My Windows (XP) desktop resolution is 1440x900. When opening these types of files the subtitles which have the identical names with video files are cropped by both sides. I also tried a video file which is x264 codec encoded and has the resolution 704 x 304 and still has the same problem. I assume this is not related to resolution of the video file.
The subtitles have Turkish language and Turkish fonts ( which is code page 1254 i assume). The file format is subrip.
The only way to prevent this is changing the subtitle name so player does not load automatically and drag the subtitle manually. This way is so slow and annoying.
Could you please fix this ?

I have included a file containing both cropped and not cropped subtitle show captured image and the subtitle file.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip package_840.zip (47.6 KB, 947 views)
Old 25th December 2007
BS.player Regular User

nemesis63 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem too. That's really annoying.
Like This:
Old 26th December 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Indeed an old, known and seemingly ever re-appearing bug. Apparently still needs fixing by BS.Player-team.
http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...?p=38508#38508

P.S.: You're using which splitter (and which version)?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2007
BS.player Regular User

residentour is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using Haali which comes with k-lite mega codec pack.
Version is : 1.7.359.22
Old 27th December 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I quoted the posts of the above thread (which I've locked now) in this thread (click here).
For any reactions please use this link to postreply (click here). Doing so will add your comments to that other thread as mentioned by me.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Closed Thread

Tags
226, cropped, subtitle