Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

delbarta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [FIXED] Full screen exit (2.32.975)

(1)
Hi. When I play a two parts movie in full screen, the window jump back to the original size of movie, when the second avi load. In the earlier version this function was good.
(2)
I have an another problem too. When I play many movies, they load to the playlist, but the list does not clear when I exit from bsplayer. If I open the program with icon (not duouble-click on an avi file) the playlist not empty, there are all of the earlier watched films.

Thanks.
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Full screen exit (2.32.975)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delbarta
when I play many movies, they load to the playlist, but the list does not clear when I exit bsplayer. If I open the program from icon (not duouble-click on a movie file) the playlist is full with the earlier used films.
That's correct. It's not a bug but a feature. You would like to have an option that playlist is cleared when you exit BS.Player? (You can always remove manually: rightclick > remove all (or alternatively click [Rem] etc.)
Still have to test your first issue.

P.S.:
By the way what is selected in playlist for 2nd and further files with respect to "Aspect" (at top right)?
(Should be "As previous" I think; also if you want "Full screen": it must be selected for each movie; you can also set "Full screen" as "default" under
rightclick > Options > Preferences > Playlist).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Meanwhile tested your first issue. Bug confirmed. Between two parts in full screen BS.Player switches back to windowed mode for a sec.
Bug was not present in 232 Beta.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Naruto-Uzumaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by delbarta
when I play many movies, they load to the playlist, but the list does not clear when I exit bsplayer. If I open the program from icon (not duouble-click on a movie file) the playlist is full with the earlier used films.
That's correct. It's not a bug but a feature. You would like to have an option that playlist is cleared when you exit BS.Player? (You can always remove manually: rightclick > remove all (or alternatively click [Rem] etc.)
Still have to test your first issue.

P.S.:
By the way what is selected in playlist for 2nd and further files with respect to "Aspect" (at top right)?
(Should be "As previous" I think; also if you want "Full screen": it must be selected for each movie; you can also set "Full screen" as "default" under
rightclick > Options > Preferences > Playlist).
i try to do that but nothing - the same.
When the video file has finished and is switching to another one bs.player exits full screen.
I think it would be much better if it would stay in the full screen to play another video.
Maybe there is a ways how to fix that.
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Like I wrote in that post I still had to test the first issue as mentioned by delbarta, who started this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In my post just above your post I
Meanwhile tested your first issue. Bug confirmed. Between two parts in full screen BS.Player switches back to windowed mode for a sec.
Bug was not present in 232 Beta.
So I already confirmed to delbarta that he had indeed found and reported a bug (which - of course - needs to be fixed).
Your post is a second confirmation of this bug, which needs to be repaired.
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

For issue #1 you have to use Old Style playlist to select the Full screen option for every movie file
For issue #2 you can disable the entire playlist by following this 2004 tip
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Master

@Tizio did you test at all?
Issue #1:
This simply is a bug in version 232975
(meanwhile repaired in today's Beta version 200811071524, which - by the way - reintroduces the bug that a rightclick on video window causes BS.Player to exit)
Issue #2:
I think this is a totally valid feature request.
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Naruto-Uzumaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Issue #1:
(meanwhile repaired in today's Beta version 200811071524, which - by the way - reintroduces the bug that a rightclick on video window causes BS.Player to exit)
Issue #2:
I think this is a totally valid feature request.
then can i ask where i can get that version or when the new version will be with out that bug thing.
Also if you have repaired it maybe you somehow could release an update, or something to fix it.
Old 7th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-Uzumaki
... where i can get that version or when the new version will be with out that bug thing.
Also if you have repaired it maybe you somehow could release an update, or something to fix it.
Just for your information:
I didn't repair anything. Both Tizio and I (or e.g. adicoto for that matter), are simply users just like you and we have nothing to do with the creation and/or development of BS.Player, which is done by BS.Player's team.
Well, to be honest, we are in fact very longtime and enthousiast users and as such users we (quite some time already) also started to make translations for BS.Player.
It is for testing and translation purposes, that BS.Player team makes new (beta/test) versions available to us and other users of the BS.Player Pro-version (to be paid for) a short while before they make a new version generally available. So, if you're a user of BS.Player Free, I'm afraid you simply have to be patient a bit (my personal guess is about a week).

P.S.:
If you quote it is not necessary to quote full text of posts and - more importantly - if you wish the quoted text to appear properly, please select "Disable HTML in this post" just below the textbox in your reply-post.
Old 10th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Issue #1:
Yes, I tested it, and since I also needed that specific feature I enabled FullScreen from the per-file option in old style playlist.
And yes, between different files playback the desktop got visualized for a fraction of second, but ATM is not a problem for me, even if it's still an annoying bug.
I just posted the workaround I used ;)
Old 10th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Glad you agree it was a bug. This wasn't clear from your first reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In my very first post of this thread I also
P.S.:
(Should be "As previous" I think; also if you want "Full screen": it must be selected for each movie;
you can also set "Full screen" as "default" under rightclick > Options > Preferences > Playlist).
Old 11th November 2008
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Default BS.Player free video player

- What exactly is Issue #2?

- "reintroduces the bug that a rightclick on video window causes BS.Player to exit) " can you send us a bug report with Bug report tool?

- "(1)
Hi. When I play a two parts movie in full screen, the window jump back to the original size of movie, when the second avi load. In the earlier version this function was good."
Issue 1 is fixed and will be included in upocoming 2.33.
Old 11th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes, meanwhile fixed, like I already
(meanwhile repaired in today's Beta version 200811071524)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delbarta's Issue #2 is like he
... would like to have an option that playlist is cleared when you exit BS.Player
Further, concerning "a rightclick on video window causes BS.Player to exit", please refer to:
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42460#42460
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41671#41671
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=40652#40652
Note it (again) is an immediate exit (rightclick ..and BSPlayer is simply gone).
Old 14th November 2008
BS.Player Master

@Naruto-Uzumaki & delbarta:
Yepp, F I X E D in version 233.977 !!
:D
Old 16th November 2008
BS.Player Newbie

delbarta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. :)
Old 16th November 2008
BS.Player Master

Yes, THANK YOU BS.Player team!

Tags
exit, full, screen