Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

lloser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bs 2.35 crashes

Hi everybody,

when i check "Allways add all files in current directory to playlist" everything works fine, as long as there are no non-media files present in that particular directory. When i try to open lets say an avi-file saved directly on my desktop, where lots of other files like .lnk or .doc or .exe files are in the same directory, bsplayer crashes instantly. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks in advance,

lloser
Old 9th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you using latest build (986) of version 2.35?

(Better always use full indication of BS,Player version)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 9th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

yes, it is build 986. Can you verify my problem?

lloser
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Hi everybody

I'm running build 990 now and still run into my problem. But now i can narrow it down only to rar-files, that are in the same directory as media files. Maybe someone can confirm this behavior: Take a directory, that contains arbitrary media files like .avi, .mkv, .mp3 and so on and put a rar-file (=a winrar-compressed archive) into that directory. Now start bsplayer and select "Open file". By default only media files should be displayed. Go to the afore mentioned directory and in the file-open dialog window the rar-file is shown along the other media files. If there are other non-media (non-rar) files present in that directory they are not shown, which is perfectly right. Now when i select some mp3 for instance and the option "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" is checked, bsplayer crashes or simply freezes with cpu load 100%. Could it be possible, that the internal filtering process for media files in bsplayer inadvertantly includes rar as type of media?

Sorry when it sounds somewhat complicated, but i guess i'm not the only one, using winrar. So the problem shouldn't be too exotic.
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

No, this is not an error, but a feature. Most of media files are nowadays splitted into RAR multivolume archives. So, one of the reatest features of this program is to open the media file inside an arhive (RAR, ISO and so)
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

well, i installed bsplayer on two different machines, both have winrar installed. Same phenomenon, it is not working. When i try to open an archive, bsplayer freezes and cpu load remains at 100%.
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If you open an archive, sure it will freeze. But if inside this archive it's a multimedia file, BSPlayer will play it.
So, my advice, try to keep your multimedia files in different folders than other files.
Old 20th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Just read with respect to 2.37.991 beta version (200903192037) "fixed freezing problem with some RAR files"
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
crashes