Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

pilz is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Stripes in movies!

BSplayer PRO: 2.40, build 997 17 april 2009
Windows XP
video card: Club3D HD 4650 512MB GDDR2
monitor: Dell 3000WFP 30"

When I play a movie with BS Player, i see white stripes moving on the whole monitor, like when you watch a very old movie in the cinema! Since I had a new monitor, I still got warranty and today I got a new one, but still the problem sometimes exists. I tried to change different options but nothing really works. However if I resize the video screen to veryyy small I don't have this problem. Is it something about my monitor or video card, or can I fix it with BS player?

I made some home-made movies of this problem, downloadable through: Mega-upload - stripes

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

In an old movie the stripes (scratches) are usually vertical like rain, wheras these are horizontal.
I don't think the video card is a likely cause of the problem: PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - Video Card Look Up
(Maybe its drivers? Hardware accelleration?)
Could maybe caused by something like screen tearing?
Is "Wait for vertical blank" selected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]?

CPU? What is your screen's resolution and refreshrate?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I would bet on hardware acceleration / decoding.
Do you use included drivers (from videocard's CD )
If I recall correctly, Club3D have some modified ATI drivers, so it's difficult to update (just downloading from their site). I may be wrong. I wil check it.
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks guys.

Wait for vertical blank is checked.
Resolution is 2560x1600 at 60Hz.

@Adicoto:
I'm not really into computer stuff, so please help me a b it with your questions. I always just download drivers from a CD of from the website of my video card obviously.

Note: I don't always see this stripes, for example if I use PowerDVD for HD movies... Otherwise, VLC player sometimes also gives these white lines.
Old 20th July 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

The horizontal stripes (like in old movies = MPEG2 tearing artifacts) seems more to be a problem from the videocard doing (or atempting to do) MPEG4 decoding rather than something else. It should be interesting to see if this occurs when playing HD files with BSplayer.

Please, try to use another video rendering methode (options -> video -> rendering method ). Please test internal renderer RGB, internal renderer DirectDraw and VMR 9.

On the other hand, it could be a monitor problem (internal digital/analogic convertor). If one of the other rendering methodes does work, then is not a monitor problem ( I don't think it is, for god's sake, it's a Sony product)

LE: seems there is another report of some problems with this monitor (and other 30" monitors) that can be solved by reducing resolution to 1280x800 and back to 2560x1600.
Old 21st July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
It should be interesting to see if this occurs when playing HD files with BSplayer.
Yes the problem exists even with HD movies

Quote:
Please, try to use another video rendering methode (options -> video -> rendering method ). Please test internal renderer RGB, internal renderer DirectDraw and VMR 9.
Wow, all three methods made the stripes disappear, so it's seems to work! But doesn't this affect the quality of the movie? Which rendering method is best to use?

Quote:
LE: seems there is another report of some problems with this monitor (and other 30" monitors) that can be solved by reducing resolution to 1280x800 and back to 2560x1600.
Didn't work

Tags
movies, stripes