Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th December 2012
BS.Player Newbie

attorianzo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Playback speed

I often watch films with subtitles. Sometimes I Iove to slow down a bit the playback speed in order to better understand the pronunciation of the words.

Would it be possibile to add such a feature on BS player? [edit] ANDROID VERSION.

Thanx

Last edited by attorianzo; 27th December 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 27th December 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

If you didn't change the default key definitions:
[F6] =decrease playback rate by 1%
[Shift]+[F6] = decrease playback rate by 10%
(Repeated depressing of these keys leads to an accumulative result.)
Alternatively:
rightclick > Playback > Playback rate > 1/2x (or decrease by 1%/10%)

P.S.: Maybe combine with Fourier Pitch/tempo Control-Winamp2-plugin to control the pitch of the sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
I just tested with the "Fourier Pitch/Tempo Control" Winamp DSP plugin and it does work!!
If you installed the plugin correctly, rightclick on the control panel to get BS.Player's context menu.
If you then select "Audio" the "Fourier Pitch/Tempo Control"-option should be shown under "DSP-Plugin".
Please do take note that a media-file must be loaded, otherwise this option will be "greyed out"!
Select the plugin by clicking on it so that its window pops up where you can change settings by moving the slider.
For 1/2-speed playback I selected 185% and sound was quite normal.
I don't know what playback-speed you selected, but you can try playing with the sliders settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
For users which maybe are unfamiliar with the use of WinAmp2 DSP plugins for BS.Player:
Please go to:
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Audio > Winamp2 DSP plugins
There you can select if Winamp plugins should be enabled/supported.
Also (in the south-east quarter) you can select the directory/folder where you saved your WinAmp2 plugins.
Finally you can select the plugin to be used and (with an appropriate media-file loaded in BS.Player!) you can Load it and access and set the plugin's properties, using the button "Config".
Further ..
while playing a file, you can also access the active DSP plugin and set its properties through rightclick > Audio > DSP plugin > etc.
Enjoy!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2012
BS.Player Newbie

attorianzo is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your answer.

I am seeing I forgot to write I am using the android version of the program.

Old 28th December 2012
BS.Player Master

Well, I'll copy this thread to the Android forum for you then.
You'll find it here.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th December 2012
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

This definitively makes sense on the small screens... But I prefer seeking back in this cases.
Old 29th December 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
...I prefer seeking back in this cases.
@trodas: does your reaction concern BS.Player's PC-version or Android version?

Tags
feature, playback, request, speed