Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Loldawg is on a distinguished road
Default BS player playing videos wrong

Hello.

Since this is my first post, allow me to say that BS player is awesome, I love how it auto finds subtitles and has really simple hotkeys. Great job guys.

Now for the support part, I work with Sony Vegas 9.0 Pro. Up untill now, I have trusted BS player to show me the video as my employers would see it. However, it plays video fine first time. In case I hit play again, it shows me only upper left part of the video, zoomed. Now thats really weird and a huge issue for me since I watch a segment like 10 times before I can carry on.

The videos I view are all rendered as a .wmv (Windows Media Video v11) using a small resolution such as 640x480 or 320x240 (when I'm previewing a video) and a 1080p or 720p resolutions when the project is finished (usually 1400 x 1050 or 1280×720). The resolutions vary, but I always use same preview and it always happens.

I have the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack (everything) and its all configured as it should be.

Why does that happen? Its a monster issue if I cant see the video multiple times, but have to go and open it all over again.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Loldawg
Old 15th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Ehhh ...mega...codec...pack......Eeeek
I've always and consistenly advised against using codec-packs.
Lots of users seem to think that more is better. IMHO: to the contrary!
Anyhow... version and buildnr you're using?
Perhaps you redefined any hotkeys?
What hotkeys do you use?
"Remember movie settings" unchecked?
"Remember Pan-Scan settings" & "Remember zoom" unchecked?
What happens if you depress [5] on numeric keyboard?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Hello

Yeah I know that bundles are junk, but I work with videos (its like..my job) and you wouldn't believe how many times I got a video that I can't open.

To answer all your questions :

Version 2.57 (free) Build 1051
I didn't touch the hotkeys
Like shortcuts to go back/forward, F for fullscreen, volume and subtitles. I hit D sometimes by accident but I return it back to normal
Remember movie settings is unchecked
Can't find pan scan and zoom
Nothing happens

Hope it helped o.o
Loldawg
Old 16th December 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Had sometimes the same problem, only with wmv files. Couldn't find something in common.
Old 16th December 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Hello

Yeah its all the wmv files.. Only setting that might effect it is this :

I changed all the WMV from disabled to libavcodec because wmv's weren't working proper ;o

Loldawg

Tags
player, playing, videos, weird video, wrong