Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th September 2016
BS.Player Newbie

AdamTheMovieGuy is on a distinguished road
Post Weird problem in BS player pro 2.7

I am seeing Gibberish as subtitles in my player although the font sample in the preferences shown in Hebrew.
I tried several known options for trying and fix the problem:

As a temporary solution:
Under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties] ...
(1) ... verify setting of the box "Use new subtitle parser/renderer"; try if (de)selection makes any difference.
(2) ... verify what script is selected under [Font]; if (e.g.) Western .. change it to correct script.

Another possibility is to load the file Hebrew.lng (in subfolder "lang" of BS.Player's installation folder) in Notepad. Without making any changes click on "File" > "Save as" and verify at the bottom what Encoding is selected (e.g. UTF-8 or ANSI). Now change this setting

When I checked the "lang" folder I noticed the Hebrew in the folder is also Gibberish when I opened it.

I will really appreciate any help!

P.s.
I did not had an option changing the Encoding is selected (e.g. UTF-8 or ANSI)

Tags
hebrew, player, pro, weird