Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th February 2005
rmg
BS.Guest

Default fullscreen problem

The problem occures, when I switch to fullscreen mode with a widescreen movie then the movie is streched form top to the bottom of the screen with left and right side cut off. When I press the "O" key then it goes to the right state: nothing cut off, and the black area at the top and bottom.

But how to make the player switch directly to the right state when I press the "F"-fullscree key, without always having to press the "O" key on the keyboard?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th February 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

If I hunderstood your request, you can go to "Options -> Preferences -> Video" and select the option "Remember Pan-Scan settings". Then go in "Options -> Preferences -> Playlist" and for Pan-Scan choose "Auto" (if you want your movies to start in fullscreen mode check the Full screen option).
Once you have done these operations clear your playlist and then open a movie, go in fullscreen (if you didn't check the Full screen option) and the film should be as wide as you want.
Now your settings should be remembered by BSplayer for your movies..

Bye
Old 17th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Marcelcalifornia is an unknown quantity at this point

It didn't work for me. I still have the black area on the left and right side. Even the "o" key works....... I have to do "shift o" and them change the pan&scan value everytime i play a video. Can i fix it?? Thanks
Old 17th June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg
... the black area at the top and bottom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcelcalifornia
... the black area on the left and right side.
Those are different issues!
@Marcelcalifornia: You probably have a widescreen?
Check under rightclick > Options > Preferences > Video (>General)
What is setting of the last box: "Cut top and bottom of video in full screen mode"
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 17th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Marcelcalifornia is an unknown quantity at this point

i tryed what you said..... i check and uncheck the box and i still get the black area. And i do have widescreem monitor
Old 20th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

spm024 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yeah, this is great.... stupd fucks

I love that... I have a vid file, hit "F" to make it full screen... but not until I hit "Shift + !" to correct the aspect ratio!

Too bad that the people who created BSPlayer haven't hired any programmers. Just incpompetent f*cks who don't seem to know WTF they are doing.
Old 20th June 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

@spm024
I think that this is NOT the way you can/shall expose your disappoint for a bad behaviour (that applies to few persons) of this softare!!
BSplayer starded as a OneManWork and I can say that it's the best (free) player available, and (I don't know if now BST is still the only programmer of BSplayer) who write this software really knows what he does, and tries ALWAYS to fix the bugs that may appear while new versions are distributed!

I have no problems with BSplayer!!
Old 20th June 2005
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

@spm024: Well you've really found the right and intelligent way to ask for some assistance! Perhaps it's some individual user (no name given) who really is incompetent here and who doesn't seem to know what he/she is doing? And what's worse, who is so convinced of him/herself, that properly reporting what's actually happening to his/her dislike and normally asking things, is something which doesn't come up in his/her mind.
:evil:
For anyone else who happens to come across this highly intellectual post by spm024 and who (contrary to this poster) really is interested in some information:
Settings which influence Aspect ratio can i.a. be found under:
(rightclick >) Video > Aspect Ratio > ...
(rightclick >) Video > Keep Aspect Ratio
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Playlist
((rightclick >) Playlist)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
fullscreen