Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ASUS TV880 TV tuner card & BSplayer Pro v2.11.

Hello!

I can't seem to get any video (black) and audio (nothing) when I use BSplayer Pro v2.11 to play video from my old VCR to an old ASUS TV880 TV tuner card (using the video input [composite]; not the TV tuner). BSplayer sees the TV tuner card and uses Analog Mix (Line/CD/Auth/TAD/PC).

PowerVCR II v3 (sees the tuner and uses Line In) does NOT have any problems. Both Virtual VCR and Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0 can view the video, but no audio (can't seem seem to tell it to use Line In). I am using Windows XP Pro. SP2 (all updates).

Any ideas what's wrong? Thank you in advance. :)
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

For the video side I think you need a video decoder, install ffdshaow and see it things changes.
For the audio, with BS.Player Pro you can set the audio in line of your choice. Open the device (right-click -> Open device...) then configure the audio input as Line-in (right-click -> Capture settings -> Audio [Input] -> Line-in)
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
For the video side I think you need a video decoder, install ffdshaow and see it things changes.
For the audio, with BS.Player Pro you can set the audio in line of your choice. Open the device (right-click -> Open device...) then configure the audio input as Line-in (right-click -> Capture settings -> Audio [Input] -> Line-in)
I should have ffdshow from K-Lite Codec Full v2.77. How can I check that BSplayer is using it? I know I see its system tray icon with Media Players.

As for Audio input, I have to select "Analog Mix [Line/CD/Aux/TAD/PC)" if I want Line In. Is that correct? I have a screen shot of the capture settings and black screen (windowed): http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1...eenshotww2.gif

I also noticed if the capture window is already up/showing and I try to reopen device, I get "Error." Not sure if that is normal.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

Well, I'm not sure...I have different choices :P
If you select that input, I fear that you'll get a noisy signal, but you can try..

What did you get when you select "What U hear"?
I suggest you to try them all..

To know which filter is used by BS.Player: with a movie loaded right-click on BS.Player window -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced

The error message when devices are opened multiple times will be fixed in a future release, not this week
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Well, I'm not sure...I have different choices :P
If you select that input, I fear that you'll get a noisy signal, but you can try..

What did you get when you select "What U hear"?
I suggest you to try them all..

To know which filter is used by BS.Player: with a movie loaded right-click on BS.Player window -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced

The error message when devices are opened multiple times will be fixed in a future release, not this week
Hmm, with Xvid, I get FFdshow. FLV doesn't use it.

As for audio, none of them did anything. HOWEVER, I discovered Line In, in my Windows XP's volume mixer/play control (the one in XP's system tray), does NOT unmute when capture device is in use. PowerVCR II automatically enables it when TV tuner is in used and disables it when it program exits. Does BSplayer Pro not enble/disable Line In automatically?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

FLV files:
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9308
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7310

BS.Player doesn't mute/enable Line-in, but it's able to bring the audio from mute Line-in and then reproduce it to the speakers when the device is open (at least this works with SAAxxxx and BTxxx soundcard chipsets, I've not tried others)

anyway a feature request has been made with similar purposes, you only have to wait for next releases
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 23rd October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
FLV files:
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9308
http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7310

BS.Player doesn't mute/enable Line-in, but it's able to bring the audio from mute Line-in and then reproduce it to the speakers when the device is open (at least this works with SAAxxxx and BTxxx soundcard chipsets, I've not tried others)

anyway a feature request has been made with similar purposes, you only have to wait for next releases
Thanks. Now, need to figure out this video problem. Does the program have a debug logging feature so I can share it with you?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

Unfortunally there isn't such a feature at the moment. Just write here what is written in there like this:
Code:
Default DirectSound Device
EQ
XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
AVI Splitter
Source
If Default DirectSound Device and/or AVI Splitter and/or Source have a module name different from quartz.dll then post here also what you read for those items
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Unfortunally there isn't such a feature at the moment. Just write here what is written in there like this:
Code:
Default DirectSound Device
EQ
XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
AVI Splitter
Source
If Default DirectSound Device and/or AVI Splitter and/or Source have a module name different from quartz.dll then post here also what you read for those items
Weird, the forum must had deleted "antdude" account. What the heck? I signed up like yesterday!

Anyways, where do I find this information?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdude
Weird, the forum must had deleted "antdude" account. What the heck? I signed up like yesterday!

Anyways, where do I find this information?
You are right, all your previous posts are from Anonymous :shock:
I'll ask about it to the admins.....

anyway, as I wrote in my second post here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
To know which filter is used by BS.Player: with a movie loaded right-click on BS.Player window -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Weird. I did an uninstall (gave up until I saw your latest posts) and reinstall. Now, I can get its video!

I forgot to mention that enabling Line-In, to get its audio, seeems to show echoes. Is that normal? PowerVCR II doesn't have echos. I wonder if that is why I see Analog Mix (Line/CD/Auth/TAD/PC) in BSplayer Pro. PowerVCR II only showed Line-In.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

Try to mute Line-in from Windows audio control panel..it should work..
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Try to mute Line-in from Windows audio control panel..it should work..
Uh, if I mute, then I won't have any line in. This is the volume control that in Windows XP's taskbar. The only one I see that has it.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Italy
Posts: 3,037
Rep Power: 22
Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default

But it's your thought or have you tried to mute it? (sorry for this stupid question)
__________________
BSP SkinMaker (v1.07) the one and only Skin Editor for BSplayer
BSP Definitions Manager (v1.02)
BS.Player's FAQ (by BSPeter) | Italian language file (v2.57 build 1051)
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Moderator
BS.Player Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Romania
Age: 51
Posts: 5,150
Rep Power: 27
adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default

It's an old bug, even if BSPlayer's team don't recognize it as a bug. I use 3 different programs to view TV contents on my PC and BSPlayer it's the only one with this behaviour. And muting Window's line in it's not the answer. In BSplayer,s TV window, select for example CD as source. Then you won't have any echo. BUT if you want to capture video, you must swich to line-in.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 24th October 2006
Anonymous
BS.Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
But it's your thought or have you tried to mute it? (sorry for this stupid question)
I want Line-In to be unmuted in BS Player's capture, but I get weird echoes. When BSPlayer's capture is not running, then line-in is muted.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asus, card, tuner, tv880

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20