Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimkom
Yes, I did.
But it works in a different way. It moves forward or backward one by one second, but not frame by frame. :(
Can you guys help me, please? I really need that feature.

BSPlayer v.2.12 b.941
Do you pause the movie before using the arrow keys?
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Testing under an XviD file. Forward works OK, no limits as far as I can see, but back goes only to the keyframe before the stop button was pressed.
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It moves forward or backward one by one second, but not frame by frame. :(
...BSPlayer v.2.12 b.941
OK, similar with me with DivX-codec. (and BS.Player 2.21.950). Steps by one second (sometimes two). (Apparently your ffdshow does the same).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I've meanwhile been trying with older versions and with different settings of video rendering.
E.g. BSPlayer 137.826 has the same result (steps by the second).
Sofar, I've only been able to realize frame-by-frame using BSPlayer 0.86.501! This version is able to indeed flawlessly step frame-by-frame.
(All versions use the same DivX codec).
Sorry it seems I cannot help you any further on this right now.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tested with an mkv file, x264 video, frame by frame still working OK. Don't have any DivX later than 3.11 video file on my computer to test playback of DivX files using DivX decoder.
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Tested with XviD and DivX movies, paused the video and then moved forward/backward with the arrow keys. NO PROBLEM (XviD and DivX decoders used) ;)
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Another strange behaviour found instead :shock: :o
After I move forward by 1 (or more) frame, then just wait, BSplayer starts moving forward by 1 frame every 5 seconds, just by itself :o :shock:

EDIT:
Test this one and then report, please, I'm really interested into this one :lol:
Good night, I have to sleep, tomorrow will be a loooooong day 8)
Old 7th May 2007
BS.Player Master

I can confirm this behaviour.

Good night, Tizio. Another 36 hours day ? :D
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Dimkom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Do you pause the movie before using the arrow keys?
yes, I do, but the result is the same - it steps by the second (not frame-by-frame) and it works only if I use Overlay mixer" as "Rendering mode" . Otherwise it doesn't work at all.

BSPlayer v.2.20 v.949
Windows 2000 Pro
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

You have the same problem as I do.
I've tried every possible rendering mode and with several BS.Player-versions yesterday and to-day.
If I use anything else then "Overlay mixer" the screen goes black (it does appear to step frame-by-frame, but only doesn't show it).
The only BSPlayer version which will happily and without any problem (and using the same DivX codec) do frame-by-frame stepping instead of stepping by seconds is (as I wrote before) version 0.86.501.
(You can install this version without any problem together with BSplayer 1.x or 2.x versions by the way; I have!)

(P.S.: I'm using Geforce4/Nvidia)
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

In case you want to give it a try, I quote a part of my Help-to-Help post:
Quote:
You can download version 0.86 build 501 here and here.
Some updated language files for build 501! (Deutsch, Finnish, Français, Hrvatski, Magyar, Nederlands, Romanian, Russian, Spanish) can be downloaded here.
With respect to skins, please be aware that whereas BSPlayer 1.x (thanks to its special plugin) can also use version 0.86 skins, this is not so the other way around. (Here are a few skins of my collection.)
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Dimkom is an unknown quantity at this point

BSPeter, thank you buddy for the old version of BSPlayer, It works! I hope to see that feature in a new version too. :)
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Glad I was able to help you!
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
BSPeter, thank you buddy for the old version of BSPlayer, It works! I hope to see that feature in a new version too. :)
The problem is that this feature never disappeared since the old 0.8x.... at least to me...

Probably the cause of the problem is the codec used. Can you check if v0.8x and v2.x use the same filters? :?

I doubt it's graphic card related since adicoto (who uses ATI and Intel cards) and I (with Nvidia) haven't this problem, plus it works for both of you with older releases :?
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Probably the cause of the problem is the codec used. Can you check if v0.8x and v2.x use the same filters? :?
Yes I can. Actually I did already mention twice that both versions use the same DivX-codec. Same for sound. Unfortunately old version doesn't reveal info on the overlay mixer used. ("Use overlay Mode 1" selected under its preferences).
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

oops, sorry, missed that info :oops:
Strange, really an odd behaviour :roll:
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Just tried by using DivX decoder (unfortunally I have v6.5 at this time since I had to test a codec pack with that version in it), but I have no problems in playing the movie frame-by-frame :roll:

EDIT:
In my previou post I was referring to XviD and DivX ENCODED movies, instead now I tested with the DivX DECODER :P
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

v2.x uses MS Qdvd.dll (directshow) overlay mixer.
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Can you also post wich exact decoding filter it's used ? Wich build of DivX decoder ?

Interlacing, interlacing :lol:
Old 8th May 2007
BS.Player Master

Yepp

Tags
advance, frame