Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

ViraNoX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VSFilter BSplayer issue

Hi!

I've got a problem with VSFilter/Directvobsub when trying to view it with BSplayer. The thing is it doesn't load when I am watching MKV files and it should be loading the SSA/ASS format which is included in the MKV file. How can I fix this problem?

I've got the lates of every driver.
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Maybe it depends on the splitter used to split the streams in your movie... what does BSplayer say about this? (when the movie is playing -> right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced -> Splitter)
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

If I recall correctly, Gabest splitter doesn't decode ssa/ass subtitles.
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for answering.

Well what should I be looking for in options and so on? There ain't an "advanced" section within "options" I'm afraid.

The thing that is that the VSfilter doesn't load properly or at all whenever an MKV file is opened. I've got the same problem regarding XviD. It seems to work fine with DivX though. But not with MKV and Xvid. This clearly has something to do with BSplayer, since I've got no problems with other players.

If this is a compatibility thing, then please make the coming versions of BSplayer compatible with VSfilter during MKV usage.
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViraNoX
Well what should I be looking for in options and so on? There ain't an "advanced" section within "options" I'm afraid.
That's correct but .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by like Tizio
(when the movie is playing -> right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced -> Splitter)
..... there is an advanced section within "Filters" (within Options) I'm afraid (well I'm not really of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViraNoX also
This clearly has something to do with BSplayer, since I've got no problems with other players.
Not necessarily, as "other players" (you fail to tell us which players) maybe don't use ("external") codecs or filters like BSPlayer does. In addition to the info requested by Tizio perhaps also let us know which version of BS.Player you're using.

(Maybe also read this post)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
That's correct but .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by like Tizio
(when the movie is playing -> right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced -> Splitter)
..... there is an advanced section within "Filters" (within Options) I'm afraid (well I'm not really of course).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViraNoX also
This clearly has something to do with BSplayer, since I've got no problems with other players.
Not necessarily, as "other players" (you fail to tell us which players) maybe don't use ("external") codecs or filters like BSPlayer does. In addition to the info requested by Tizio perhaps also let us know which version of BS.Player you're using.

Oh! I did a mistake with the whole "right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced -> Splitter" thing. But still I don't know what to look for there. Everything seems to be working properly. It has loaded everything. But still there aren't any subs.

Other than BSplayer I use Zoom player, which works just fine. But I don't like that player as much as BSplayer so if I can get this fixed I'm going over to BSplayer full time.

The version I am using is 2.12.941 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 4th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

still need help!
Old 4th July 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
... In addition to the info requested by Tizio ....

... It has loaded everything. .....
Well ... did you read "this post"?
Maybe you could let us know what "everything" stands for in your case, because your "everything" may be different from our "everything". Like Tizio requested: could you please try to indicate what exactly is shown there? Like my avatar says "you must give info in order to get info". Without giving relevant info nobody (except perhaps a "clairvoyant" who is able to see what is shown on your screen) is able to help you.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th July 2007
BS.Player Power User

Digiface is an unknown quantity at this point

Only problem that i got with VSFilter, is high CPU usage. That's why i don't use it. I have tried different settings on VSFilter, but there's no help.

Otherwise i would like to use VSFilter.

My earlier post: http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...light=vsfilter
Old 7th July 2007
BS.Player Power User

Digiface is an unknown quantity at this point

(read message above) Does anyone else who uses VSFilter, got this high CPU issue?

Tags
issue, vsfilter