Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

tromik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Color controls not being saved

BS Player 2.10 Build 939
Windows XP + SP2 Updated

AMD Althon XP 2400+
512mB RAM
GeForce 3 Vanillia (~Ti 200)

Combined Community Codec Pack 07/28/2006

Problem: BS Player doesn't remember my Color Control settings. I check the checkbox "Remember settings," but when I start a new video (dbl-clicking on the video), or close and restart BS Player, my settings are gone. When my settings are changed, everything is set to "0," not BS Player's default settings.

Now, when I open a video I've previously set the color controls for, they are remembered.

Is there any way to have BS Player remember my color controls and apply them to ALL videos, regardless?

Thanks.
Old 9th August 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

BSplayer doesn't remember the color controls if you change resolution or rendering mode..

Does it loose the settings only when you change them (if you changed them), or it doesn't remember independantly from that thing?
Old 9th August 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Color controls not being saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by tromik
Problem: BS Player doesn't remember my Color Control settings. I check the checkbox "Remember settings," but when I start a new video (dbl-clicking on the video), or close and restart BS Player, my settings are gone. When my settings are changed, everything is set to "0," not BS Player's default settings.

Now, when I open a video I've previously set the color controls for, they are remembered.
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I get the impression you're talking about the box "Remember movie settings" On [General]-tab under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences.
In stead you should check [Remember settings] box in the south-west corner of (rightclick >) Video > Color controls. (Works for me (using DivX 5.2.1 as decoder).)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 10th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
BSplayer doesn't remember the color controls if you change resolution or rendering mode..

Does it loose the settings only when you change them (if you changed them), or it doesn't remember independantly from that thing?
I don't change either of those. The resolution might change with the video, I guess, but so far all the videos I've watched are the same.
Old 10th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: Color controls not being saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tromik

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I get the impression you're talking about the box "Remember movie settings" On [General]-tab under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences.
In stead you should check [Remember settings] box in the south-west corner of (rightclick >) Video > Color controls. (Works for me (using DivX 5.2.1 as decoder).)
Nope, I haven't touched the "Remember movie settings" checkbox, I was refering to the checkbox in the Color controls box. Now, I have discoved that if I go into the BS Player preferences and select FFDShow I can change the brightness levels there and they WILL be remembered. But the brightness controls in there aren't very good, Id much rather use the BS Player Colour Controls.

Thanks again.
Old 10th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

gibman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem as the orig. poster.
Running same vers.

My color control settings are not remembered at all. Not even for the same movie. I have marked the checkbox on color controls.

Where in the XML do I set this value ?

/Gibman
Old 11th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

By the way, I had this problem in older versions as well, which is why I decided to just use MPC.
Old 1st September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

tnt_73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same problem here. If i open a movie all is black and white. I go 2 color control and press "Standard" Button all is fine. But its not stored :(.
Old 1st September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

To all of you that have this problem, please also check this post (and all the related links)
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Newbie

gibman is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally nailed this problem.
I am using ffdshow and realized that the "overlay control" was enabled on the FFdshow property page.

I disabled this and suddenly bsplayer was able to set the color controls and make them stick too.

using ati9500 vmr9 renderless.

gibman
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

for letting us know.
It may well be usefull information for fellow BSPlayer-users who encounter the same problem as you.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th January 2008
BS.player Regular User

rseiler is an unknown quantity at this point

So, of course, Vista Aero users will be using "EVR" mode or one of the others all the time, so these video settings will NEVER be saved. Surely there's a better way to go about it than this. Other players have figured Aero out, such as Real.

Tags
color, controls, saved