Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th March 2008
BS.Player Newbie

springjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with subtitles

Hi you guys, please help me.

Whenever I get a change to see a movie with subtitles something strange happens. I have a avi file and a srt file with the same name. When I load a movie into the player, the subtitles are automatically loaded. When viewing the movie I get 2 lines of the same subtitle. One generated on the black border (where I positioned the subs) and one on the picture. What´s even stranger, it´s when I have a sub + idx file with moe than one language. The player loads the first language file on the picture normally but when I change the language of the sub the player assumes the change but the new sub appears on top of the first... I get two subs at the same time. This started happening for the last 2 weeks. Is is a problem with the player or with the codecs.

Many thankxxx!!!
Old 20th March 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Last build of BSPlayer can display 2 subtitles at he same time. But this option is disabled by default. You can check if this is the case rightclick->subtitles->secondary subtitle. If this option is enabled, then disable it.

The second cause, and the most likely, it's that you have installed vobsub (vsfilter) wich load itself whenever a video player acces the video file and display a second set of subtitles. You can check this looking in system tray for a green arrow. Then rightclick on it and select the option "don't load subtitles" or something like this.
Old 21st March 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Last build of BSPlayer can display 2 subtitles at he same time.
Unfortunately only if they're made to auto-load as a bug prevents using manual load (for builds 960+961).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st March 2008
BS.Player Newbie

springjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thankxxx!!!

It was the green icon on the system tray.
Problem solved. :D

Tags
subtitles