Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

mordicus is on a distinguished road
Default What Codecs for 10% increment playback?

I have a .TS DVD that I need played back in 10% increments, not merely 1/2x

Using .VOB does not seem to be an appropriate solution. When changing playback rate in 10% increments, the file skips past chuncks of time.

Does any Mpeg2 codec work with BS player to actually utilize 10 % increment change?Or are they all 1/2x only?
Old 6th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Increasing playback rate by 10% increments ([Shift]/[F5]) does work.
I'm using Pro-version 235.986 and Cyberlink Video/SP decoder 5.0.1203 with the option "Use Hardware Accelerator" checked/selected.
(No sound at increased playback speeds.)
I'm almost sure Elecard works too.
Playback Rate File Types and DVD
Odd is that at first time depressing [Shift]/[F5] the playback rate remains 100%. Only subsequent depresses result in 110% - 120% - 130% etc.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th March 2009
BS.player Regular User

mordicus is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I will try that. I can't find the USE HARDWARE ACCELERATOR check box...
And just to be clear, you mean it works when you play the .TS file directly?
Old 6th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

VIDEO_TS.IFO file is displayed on control panel when I select a DVD for playback
(rightclick on Control-panel) > Open DVD

(rightclick > ) Options > Filters > Advanced
click on the tiny [+] to get to settings of Cyberlink Video/SP decoder
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
codecs, increment, playback