Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > News And Updates

News And Updates Latests BS.Player news and announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th July 2014
BS.Player Newbie

lloser is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down BSPlayer dead?

Hi guys,

I wonder if BSPlayer is still under active development? When you look around here, none of the developers seem to be answering questions anymore. I'm afraid it's going downhill with BSPlayer and there should be an official statement about the future of this really good piece of software. I'm using the free version up to now, and for a while I considered supporting further development by buying a licensed version, but I've got serious doubts, if my money is a wise investment at this stage.

Any comments on that?
Old 2nd August 2014
BS.player Regular User

Cela is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloser View Post
Hi guys,

I wonder if BSPlayer is still under active development? When you look around here, none of the developers seem to be answering questions anymore. I'm afraid it's going downhill with BSPlayer and there should be an official statement about the future of this really good piece of software. I'm using the free version up to now, and for a while I considered supporting further development by buying a licensed version, but I've got serious doubts, if my money is a wise investment at this stage.

Any comments on that?
BSplayer dead?
Realistically: Yes! Looks like dead!
Optimistically: No.
... but complete BSPlayer Team in vacation, enjoying life, having fun, ... *)
... or alpha-testing, working hard getting new version quickly ready for late 2019... or is it 2099?

Its a million $ question: Will we users live long enough to see any of our recent feature requests implemented in BSPlayer and BSPlayer Android?

*) Current status, today, Aug 2, 2014:
in New Posts there are signs of life from BSPlayer team members
adicoto 2 weeks ago
Ico-man 3 weeks ago
BSPeter not within last4 weeks
Old 2nd August 2014
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, I am not a BSPlayer team member, nor BSPeter. We both are simple users like you, and we are here because we like BSPlayer and to help others solve their problems regarding BSPlayer.
I personally read the forum 3-4 times a day. If I don't post, that's because I can't help in the matters posted or I don't have an answer. I am sure BSPeter is in the same situation. Even if he didn't post in the past days, he's here, reading.
If Ico-man isn't (like many others) in holidays, I am sure he is also reading the posts.

all the best
adicoto
Old 4th August 2014
BS.player Regular User

Cela is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
Unfortunately, I am not a BSPlayer team member, nor BSPeter. We both are simple users like you, and we are here because we like BSPlayer and to help others solve their problems regarding BSPlayer...
Dear simple users like me,
I post here because I like BSPlayer and BSPlayer Android. I even recently renewed my Pro license for other 2 years. I did it because I care about BSPlayer and because I want to support the team.
But I am deeply disappointed about BSPlayer's neglection of requests about features which are very important for my kind of usage of BSPlayer (e.g. chapters, Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V Copy/Paste of timecode values, preselect preferred subtitle file extension).

BSPlayer positions itself in the league of user demand despicing companies!

Fortunately, there are also applications with userfriendly and responsive development and support teams.

BSPlayer, unfortunately, is the opposite extreme. BSPlayer has a huge potential for improvement of user service. Now, it promotes itself as dead.

Last edited by Cela; 8th August 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 6th August 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Hi Cela, BSplayer 2.xx is not being developed anymore (we only release only minor fixes if they are needed and they are important to most of users).
We are still working on new version. And no, no holidays yet this year.
Old 25th August 2014
BS.player Regular User

Xrox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
Hi Cela, BSplayer 2.xx is not being developed anymore (we only release only minor fixes if they are needed and they are important to most of users).
We are still working on new version. And no, no holidays yet this year.
can you please at least give us an ETA?
Old 23rd February 2015
BS.player Regular User

Wetfire is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrox View Post
can you please at least give us an ETA?
They seem to NOT want.

Last edited by Wetfire; 27th February 2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 17th March 2015
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

No ETA is available for now. But it is getting closer.
Old 14th May 2015
BS.player Regular User

Xrox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
No ETA is available for now. But it is getting closer.
And now?
Old 27th June 2015
BS.player Regular User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrox View Post
And now?
How about now? Or we are waiting for Windows 15?
Old 30th June 2015
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Wink

Even closer.
Old 3rd September 2015
BS.player Regular User

Unhappy 3+ years and nothing...

Hi,

has the developer decided NOT to issue a v3 for Win platform. Or he is settled with Android and all income from there lonely?

Please be honest with us. Stop playing around. It is not correct and not advisable in long-term.

There are very few true features that these days a new version can provide.

* speed up (something long nicely imported in the Android version);
* a few facelifting UI details.
* an automatic online subtitle check (in Android already)

ICO-MAN, you really begin to remind of all those INTERNET SCAM people.

Please bear that in mind and treat us as ordinary people that know when they are being lied.

We really don't care about the core of the problems, but a simple brief idea of it would show the required respect that have paid or are willing to pay for a product.

* The dev is not interested and we are looking for a new one.
* The dev is too busy so at the moment ETA is unknown.
* There will be no v3 until further note: the project is being abandoned for the moment.
* There are tech-related issues with porting to new platforms.
* Some bugs are being polished for Win 10, expect a V3 in 3 months.

Here are just a few one-sentence explanations. You see - we are not idiots, we will understand.

But not addressing the core issue at all for more than 3 years....

Talk to the DEV (if you are his PR or whatever). Make him consent to the few wise words from this post. Perhaps then he will let you explain us the true cause of this tremendous slow down.

You know, a big base of your past customers is gone. Every day a few more decide for a new player.

I guess the DEV felt like a superstar when he first developed that player, and sure there were very few unfamiliar with it.

Now he has to face the truth. There are many others. He might get to create some uber cool new non-existing-in-other-windows-based-players feature, but most probably the idea would come from a user.

If he delays the explanation he will lose all of his user base. The chance to make another hyper innovation will vanish! Making of a few extra $ will disappear too.
Old 4th September 2015
BS.Player Newbie

ariston is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Huge potencial, but developers don't like project anymore?!

Dear BS.Player team I suggest you to post this website on Flippa or any similar site and get a huge money and then new owner will start with development of this forum, website and also software. All here will be happy and you also (owners), because you will get a lot of money (because this project is still very profitable). Also all there: True story: BS.Player 3 will never come, so forget to it and use other player (if you have any problems), these is many alternatives
Old 1st November 2015
BS.Player Newbie

lloser is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry I'm fed up

Hi guys,

now that's it, I'm out of here. For more than 10 years a was an avid user of BSPlayer, but now it's time to move on.

After doing thorough research for a worthy replacement I finally hit on Daum Potplayer. A search on Google will give you their download page in an instant. It's developed by some guy from Korea, it's stable, highly configurable, frequently updated und gives you all functions necessary for hassle-free media playing. So far I didn't discover anything missing compared to BSPlayer. And the best feature: It's completely free, equalizer included. On the downside: There is no good support available for people who don't speak Korean. But GUI is translated in English and pretty much self explanatory.

To sum it all up: Thanks to all of you for your support and thanks to the original developers for providing that fine piece of software. But to be quite frank, after all these disappointments of announcing updates/upgrades that never materialized, I'm not going to miss BSPlayer.

So long and good luck to you all,
lloser

Last edited by lloser; 1st November 2015 at 06:38 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 5th November 2015
BS.Player Newbie

margyjr is on a distinguished road

I am ALSO very tired of NO NEWS on new v3 Player, I will have a look at Potplayer as well!!
Old 8th November 2015
BS.player Regular User

ntggl19 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up vlc

i'm using vlc, with support on hevc (x265), with vlsub (on vlc) you can download subs and it works fine for me....
Old 20th August 2017
BS.player Regular User

spadanco is on a distinguished road

The description was really helpful
Old 26th December 2018
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntggl19 View Post
i'm using vlc, with support on hevc (x265), with vlsub (on vlc) you can download subs and it works fine for me....
Actually so am I, but I am missing the automatic download of subtitles at the moment.... There seems to be some bug on the OpenSubTitles (or whatever the name of the primary source of subtitles was) end. Huge lag until the subtitles are being displayed after the beginning of the play.

Otherwise. Native support of H265. And as I understand even the recently released new build 2.72 lacks it at all. Never mind. Blah.

However a week ago the ICO man again was promising for very very soon release of 3.0... I wonder if this is true or again the next promise just like the one on 5th October 2012 when he was in alpha stage (that is supposed to be just a step before public beta release ;-)
Old 26th December 2018
BS.Player Newbie

venejo is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately after having bought two licenses so far, i can say that it's not worth it.
The audio and video codecs used are way behind and with newer and free
programs i can see that there is significant difference. Having payed two times
i saw that in that one year license period, there was only one update available.
Only one! Same really. No development is a bad thing. Moving next.
Old 31st December 2018
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

We are working very hard and we are near the finish line.

Tags
dead