Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

nemo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No subtitles displayed on X64 Server2008

I install BSPlayer on Server 2008, X64 version. No any subtitles for any avi files are displayed. The same avi and subtitles files played on other PC with Win7 32bit are displayed OK.
What I must do for viewing subtitles on the X64 server ? Thanks for help.
Old 25th February 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Try changing to new subtitle renderer.
Old 4th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Sutitles content is OK, the same subtitles on the other operation system are displayed OK. Bad is Bsplayer which do not work sucessfuly on X64 operational system.
I have the same divx avi and subtitles on the disk which is shared on my net. I have installed BSP free on the PC with Win7-X32 and the same BSP 2.53 is installed on other PC with Server2008-X64. On the X32 system the BSP display subtitles OK, on the X64 system DO NOT. It is uncompatibility BSP with X64 systems !
Old 5th June 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Are you using new subtitle engine as suggested by Ico-man?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
Then check the box "Use new subtitle parser/renderer"

Also there: is "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" selected. What if you deselect it (or vice versa)?
What is selected as "Rendering mode" under
(rightclick >) Oprions > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]?
What version/build of BS.Player are you using?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th June 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks, I don't know what is "new subtitle renderer" as write Ico-man (i was thinking that new subtitle renderer = new provider of subtitles = server of subtitles).

Now, I switch language to English and navigate under your suggestions.
In the Options-Preferences-Subtitles-Subtitles properties tab: I check Use new subtitle parser/renderer now. Now there is checked Use outline font, Use antialiased font, Auto load any subtitles in current directory, Use new subtitle parser/renderer and Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer. Item Draw subtitles to Overlay surface is deselected.
Options-Preferences-Video-Video rendering tab: Rendering mode is EVR.
BSP version is 2.53 build 1034.
But, subtitles already are not displayed.

I check item Draw subtitles to Overlay surface. But, situation is the same.
After reinstaling in default mode (menu for current user, Save seting in user home) - the situation is the same.
After reinstaling for all users (menu etc for all users, setting in installation folder] - situation is the same.

On the Windows 7 X64 system the BSP display subtitles OK without any setting. Only on Server2008 X64 are subtitles not functional.
All these system uses ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO and the same hardware (all these systems are on the same multibooted machine).

Tags
displayed, server2008, subtitles, x64