Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

dok is on a distinguished road
Default subs with different name are not displayed

Hi
Recently, I downloaded version 2.53 build 1034.21 and unlike previous versions I had, I can't upload subtitles with a different name. I n order to see subtitles when movie is playing, I need to change their name first..

Is it new, or can I do something in order to change this?

thank you
Old 20th July 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
...I can't upload subtitles with a different name. In order to see subtitles when movie is playing, I need to change their name first..
1) When you say "upload" you mean "download" or ....?
2) Perhaps first update to most recent version/build (now 2.54.1041 with date/time-code 201007201504).
3) Let us know if your problem persists in that build.

P.S.:
Did you expect BS.Player to play the subtitles automatically or did you manually load the subs (and they don't show)?
To manually load a subtitle you must have the videofile loaded first, then:
depress [Ctrl]+[L](together) or do a rightclick and select "Load subtitles"
etc.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
1) When you say "upload" you mean "download" or ....?
2) Perhaps first update to most recent version/build (now 2.54.1041 with date/time-code 201007201504).
3) Let us know if your problem persists in that build.

P.S.:
Did you expect BS.Player to play the subtitles automatically or did you manually load the subs (and they don't show)?
To manually load a subtitle you must have the videofile loaded first, then:
depress [Ctrl]+[L](together) or do a rightclick and select "Load subtitles"
etc.
I use bs player for several years and I know how to use it. Never had this problem.
I mean that when I'm loading manually the subs, they don't show, unless I change their name.
As I said, in earlier versions, I didn't have to change their name. I just chose them after loading the movie and I could see them..

I hope this is more clear now..

thank you for your support.
Old 21st July 2010
BS.Player Master

Can you give an example of what exactly you change (filename from what into what) as I have no such problem overhere whatsoever. I see and can load any subtitle-file however named. Nothing has changed for me. (I suppose we're talking about sub-files saved by you somewhere on your HD? Also I assume you didn't change to another PC or change its Operating System?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 22nd July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Can you give an example of what exactly you change (filename from what into what) as I have no such problem overhere whatsoever. I see and can load any subtitle-file however named. Nothing has changed for me. (I suppose we're talking about sub-files saved by you somewhere on your HD? Also I assume you didn't change to another PC or change its Operating System?)
Thank you so much. It really happens with files from my previous operating system.Doesn't happen with "new" files.

Again thanks a lot.
Old 22nd July 2010
BS.Player Master

I'm still curious what kind of file(name)s?
Old 22nd July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

ok, for example:

FlashForward.S01E22.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv

flashforward.s01e22.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu.srt

as you can see there is a difference
Old 22nd July 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Actually, there is no difference between the names. But sometimes, when there is a subtitle included into the MKV, BSPlayer fails to load the external one.
Old 22nd July 2010
BS.Player Newbie

As I posted before, with the "old" subs ( before I changed the operating system), I needed to change the name to be the same. That's how I could upload them.
Anyways, thank you very much. You were very kind and helpful.

Tags
displayed, subs