Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Cave is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Play on TV independently of Computer

Hello Everyone,

Please be patient, I'm really a newbie here.

I used to have an old laptop with Bsplayer, ATI Raedon, a S-video output and windows XP.

I used to connect the PC to any TV with the S-Video (and with the keys FN+F5 -> switch to use TV+PC)

When I opened any movie with bsplayer while connected to the TV, the movie was in full mode on the TV (adjusted to the size of the TV) independently of the PC (the movie in PC could be in full screen, or minimized). I could still continue working on the PC, do whatever I wanted, while the movie was playing full screen on the TV.

My computer crashed and i bought a new one, with Vista, nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 512Mb, new version of BSplayer and also S-video output.

Does anyone knows how can I use the same type of screening liked before, i.e., play a movie "automatically" in full screen on the TV and work independently in PC?

Thank you very much,
Diogo.
Old 16th March 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Somwhere in nVidia control panel you must disable "clone mode" I don't know exactly where, as I don't use nvidia cards for a long time now.
Old 16th March 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

As far as I understand, with nowaday's drivers there's no "full screen" video mirror in vista unfortunately. Clone mode can only be used in the same resolution on both displays. Video mirroring is not working for Nvidia under vista anymore.
Some direct links:
For those with fullscreen video problems on TV... - NVIDIA Forums
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ted=1169076830
Answer
Answer
Multiple monitors are not enabled on a computer that you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista
A hotfix is available that fixes certain media playback problems on a Windows Vista-based computer
How To Configure and Use Multiple Monitors in Windows XP
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
computer, independently, play