Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

sylenibla is on a distinguished road
Default BSplayer for pad

I, i really appreciate your player under Android and my Motorola Xoom pad.

But i have a suggestion:

Can you add the option to delete a video after watching it.

it will be very usefull

Thank you.
Old 20th September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Mafarricos is on a distinguished road

Does bsplayer dims the status bar? Or it stays normally in tablets?
Old 21st September 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Did you see the images?

(The controlpanel at the bottom auto-hides and/or hides by a single tap on screen.)
The media-info hides/shows by tapping on the right-hand icon of the control bar.
In Browse & Playlist mode the PC-tablet's bar at top remains accessible.

BSPlayer-Light has several touch screen functions.
E.g. while playing a movie (full screen) tapping on screen brings (resp. hides) up the player's control-panel. By moving your finger up/down at the left-hand side of the screen you can set brightness, whilst on the right-hand side you can set volume. Depressing the menu-button on the PC-Tablet during playback of a movie brings up menu-bar at the bottom to set
[Subtitles][Repeat mode][Audio stream][Take screenshot*][Preferences]

*: Doesn't work for me: always black images.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Description on Android Market ... IMHO ... doesn't do full justice to BSPlayer light. The description on the website seems better: Android devices.
I would suggest to change (or have changed) Android Market's decription "for Android smartphones" into
"for Android smartphones and tablet PCs" (or like on your website into the more generic "Android devices").
Seems you meanwhile changed text on your website from Android devices into Android smartphones. May I suggest to add "and tablet PCs" there too (like you did on Android's Market following my previous suggestion)?

Recap:
BSPlayer for Android is a versatile media player for Android smartphones and tablet PCs.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

raggnis is on a distinguished road
Default Running BSplayer in background

It is possible to run BSPlayer in background (e.g. during browsing the web or when the screen is locked) when I use it as a music player? If not, it would be a highly desirable feature. I luv BSplayer on Android for its LAN functionality and the fact that it displays media by folders (not by artist, title, etc).
Old 16th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

alanmpoulin is on a distinguished road

i have the Asus Eee Pad. how do i access movies on an external usb drive and using BS Player
Old 16th October 2011
BS.Player Master

Use BSPlayer's "Browse"-function to browse to USB-drive and select movie?
(See "[Browse]-button" at left of [Playlist] in 2nd picture 4 posts ago)
Old 29th October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

valwit is an unknown quantity at this point

i just love you for this. bs player THE player for me since i can't even remeber, now also on my andoirds. when is the pro version comming?
Old 2nd November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

gerard666 is on a distinguished road
Smile BSP.avi´s streams flawless from Synology network drive To Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

In BS Player (android) the movies on my diskstation Synology (network drive) works like a charm with Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 wifi when .avi files are selected from the network drive. I downloaded lots of movie/media players from android market, some with possibility to select LAN network, lots of them don´t have a possiblitiy to select a network address.

BSPlayer does it, However :

The movies.avi OK ! No stutter, good audio etc.

The sountracks.mp3 do not stream. I will look some further, but I cannot stream mp3 from network shares. Any idea's about this ?

Also on android marked, in the description of BSP, tell the people BSP streams .avi files from Synology (or maybe other network drives as well) to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 . Not many people know this, I spend a day to get this to work with googling and installing/deleting a lot of android media players.
Old 3rd November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Pegli is on a distinguished road

Finally a player for my LAN music files!

Just a question: when I add a list of files to a new playlist, where is it created?

Thank you sooo much!
Old 4th November 2011
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard666 View Post
The sountracks.mp3 do not stream. I will look some further, but I cannot stream mp3 from network shares. Any idea's about this ?

Also on android marked, in the description of BSP, tell the people BSP streams .avi files from Synology (or maybe other network drives as well) to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 . Not many people know this, I spend a day to get this to work with googling and installing/deleting a lot of android media players.
We cannot reproduce the issue with mp3 streaming over NAS at the moment. It works on all our devices. Thank you for good suggestion, added to description.

- playlists are stored in database file in BSPlayer folder, not txt file
- media files can now be deleted from BSplayer (but still manually from PL or Browse)
- PRO version is in the making
- BSPlayer cannot run in the background at the moment, will be implemented in future versions
- Text was changed, thank you for the heads-up BSPeter

Most of all, BSplayer 1.0 should improve playback speed drastically, whenewer HW mode can be used (depends on the device itself).
Old 6th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

fuksen is on a distinguished road
Default Congratulation BSPlayer

nice player for android, easily beat other competition, i have some feedback that bit bothers me:
1. the button and blue gradient are quite bothersome, because they are too big and flashy, in my opinion buttons and gui are better if not to much eye catching, easy on eyes i say.
2. option for subtitle downloaded in each movie's folder, just like th eoption on PC BSplayer.
Good Job Dev
Old 8th November 2011
BS.Player Master

On my budget tablet the movie surface seems more "granulated" in the new BSPlayer v1.0.119 with accompanying v. 1.1 of ARMv5 VFP CPU support (SW mode; HW mode cannot be used on this device).
Old 8th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

jeffw111 is on a distinguished road

Hi I just downloaded the new android player and had a question. Is there a file size limitation on hardware accelerated playback for h.264 encoded MP4 files? I've got several movies that I encode with DVD Catalyst that for some reason the BSplayer is unable to play.
Old 16th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Lucidmike78 is on a distinguished road

I would glady pay $10 for a video player that can do hardware decode and keep the original frame rates on XviD files on my AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I believe it has something to do with the processor (dual core 1.5 ghz qualcom snapdragon) not being able to decode b-frames, which results in choppy playback.

The BS Player hardware decode seems to output original framerates, but it is buggy. But it is showing a lot of promise that this will be the first player in the android market that can actually have hardware acceleration, and fluid playback. Please keep up the good work.

Other players I have tried.
-Out of the box "Video" player. Choppy XviD playback.
-MX Player. Choppy XviD playback on HW decode. Smooth XviD playback on SW decode, but the video looks very pixelated.
-Dice Player, slightly better framerates than standard XviD player, but still very choppy on hardware decode.
-VPlayer. Same as MX Player.
-Mobo (mobo team). no hardware xvid decode.
-Mobo (video team). no hardware xvid decode.
-Act 1. Choppy XviD playback on HW decode.
-Kascend. Choppy XviD playback on HW decode.
-IMPlayer+. Only SW decode.

BS Player lite- Smooth XviD playback on HW decode, but buggy! You guys are the only ones that is on the right track.

Tags
android, devices, movie, video