Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th December 2009
BS.player Regular User

alekdaone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [FIXED] bug in 2.51.1018B (codecmanager.exe)

The player crash on some avi (xvid) files, i already sent bug report trough the player with the dump.

exception message: access violation at address 6FB92C00 in module 'libavcodec.dll' Write of address 00000000.
Old 4th December 2009
BS.player Regular User

i think i find what's the problem with the beta 2.50.1018b when i installed the player, the codec download manager do not detect my codecs on my system and offer me to download all the codecs just ignored and install the player everything is fine now, and when i manually run codec download manager then appear all the codecs that was installed and i can install what is missing now everything is ok with all movie just this bug with codec download manager at the first run.

Best Regards
Old 5th December 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Confirmed.
Old 18th December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

chakubanga is an unknown quantity at this point

IF the player keeps crashing and you really, really want to watch your video. Click on C:Programs>>>FFDSHOW rename libavcodec.dll to libavcodec.old.

play your video and wait for a solution to come out, to change back the name....

I just did that.
Old 19th December 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

codecmanager bug still there in 1019 beta
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th December 2009
BS.player Regular User

codecmanager bug still in the final version 2.51.1021
Old 27th December 2009
BS.Player Master

Yes, bug still there.
Very sad !
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th December 2009
BS.Player Master

Info at release of version 2.51.1021:
Quote:
FIXES:
• fixed problem with subtitles embedded in mkv files with new parser/renderer
• EVR aspect ratio fixes
• fixed problem with EVR in full screen mode, some areas was not completely black
• under Vista and Windows 7 some decoders couldn't be added in 'Filter management', fixed
• local codec system fixes (codec reinstall required)
So I think/trust that bug is most likely fixed after all, but requires a codec reinstall as part of the bugfix (which confused me as well as others)!
Old 31st December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Dadis is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekdaone View Post
The player crash on some avi (xvid) files, i already sent bug report trough the player with the dump.

exception message: access violation at address 6FB92C00 in module 'libavcodec.dll' Write of address 00000000.
Hello,

I have the same problem - BSPlayer crashes after trying to watch some Xvid movies. Now I have downloaded the newest version of BSPlayer (2.51.1022) and K-Lite Codec Pack 5.51 Standard - could you advise me, what correct steps I must take in order to eliminate the problem?
I plan to uninstall current BSPlayer and K-Lite Codec Pack, after this step I want to install BSPlayer (2.51.1022) (without codec updates from BSPlayer codecmanager) and K-Lite Codec Pack 5.51 Standard. In your opinion, will these action eliminate BSPlayer crashes?
Thanks.
Old 31st December 2009
BS.player Regular User

first of all uninstall every codec in your system and make sure that there are no codecs then uninstall bsplayer. Install the latest k-lite if this is your choice and you can also install real alternative and quicktime alternative, after that install latest version of bsplayer and i think that codecmanager bug is fixed and will give you which codecs are installed in your system and you can install just missed and if cocec manager show that you don't have any codecs just ignore that window and continue installing bsplayer after that you can go to folder where is installed bsplayer and manually run codecmanager.exe and install missing codecs. After that you can watch your movies without crahing the player.
Old 31st December 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Dadis is on a distinguished road

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions, but I decided to use only internal BSPlayer codecs, so now I can play all movies without any problem.
Happy New Year! :)
Old 6th January 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadis View Post
Hi,

thanks for the suggestions, but I decided to use only internal BSPlayer codecs, so now I can play all movies without any problem.
Exactly!

Tags
251, codecmanagerexe, fixed