Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Momoko is on a distinguished road
Default Player wont run movie

Hi there!
well i downloaded a Movie the size is around 7 GB
But BSplayer wont run it :/

He open the Movie and show me length of movie and how much he already played but he don't run it the screen where movie should appear keeps beeing black.
BSplayer isn't frozen i can still change to another movie.

i tried with K-Lite Codec Pacl already didn't work ;___;
Please help me :/
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

What is the OS of your PC? Graphics card?
Version and build number of BS.Player?
When playing a movie-file you do hear sound?
When you installed BS.Player did you allow it to also install its preferred codecs/filters internally?
(Internally meaning that they will only be used by BS.Player and not interfere with any other codecs/filters on your system.)
Note I've always advised against using any codec/filter-packs! (Also note that bigger surely isn't better!)
What is the type of the movie file? (See item 3 of my Help2Help-post.)
You don't get a picture for any type of movie file or only for specific files?
What codecs/filters are shown (with a 'problematic' video-file loaded!) under (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced?
(If you click on the small [+]-signs in front of the codecs/filters shown, you will get further info and access.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

I use Windows XP I don't know which graphic card but it's a pretty new one
usually BSplayer show me all movies with picture and sound he had no problems when i started other movie files he just don't run this specialy one :/
i tried to run the movie in Divx player he run the movie but no sound
a friend gave me mpcstar this player runs the movie without problems but i want to stay at bsplayer :/

The movie File is mkv
and the codecs that be showed are:
Default directsound device
ffdshow video Decoder
AC3filter

hope i wrote the right stuff here >--<

EDIT: I use version 2.57 Build 1051
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
...When you installed BS.Player did you allow it to also install its preferred codecs/filters internally?
(Internally meaning that they will only be used by BS.Player and not interfere with any other codecs/filters on your system.)
...What codecs/filters are shown (with a 'problematic' video-file loaded!) under (rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced?
(If you click on the small [+]-signs in front of the codecs/filters shown, you will get further info and access.)
"mkv" is a container; it doesn't tell what codec was used to create the movie. (Did you read item 3 of my Help2Help-post?)
What info is shown if you click on the [+]-sign of "Source" and then "About"? If e.g. "Haali": does it show a video stream?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st January 2011
BS.Player Newbie

in source is Haali Media splitter Copyright 2004-2009 mike Matsnev

Video codec:
x264

Audio format:
TrueHD

Tags
movie, player, run