Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Norsixa is on a distinguished road
Default OSD does not show up

I've been using BSplayer Free for quite a while now. But when I upgraded my pc and had to reinstall everything, I noticed the I-hotkey wasnt working to show Video length on the stuff I'm watching. I usually like having the time on the clip i'm watching.

Now I tried with that new mode, tried changing the key and such. They never show up. Only when I turn off that new mode, I can get the notification hotkey to work. But then it only puts it on the movie or clip itself. I usually watch with 2 black lines on top and bottom.

Its really annoying to have 2 black lines, and not have that video length on there but on the movie in the middle instead. Is there any way to fix this?

I've tried several ways with turning on the new mode and turning on overlay and such, but to no avail. Didnt see any posts about this either. (Only about removing them >.>)
Old 7th December 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Alpha Blending value isn't 0%?
Did you already try another video rendering mode?
What version/build are you presently using?
(There was a bug in version 2.58.1058)
Also: what's your OS?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 7th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Brand new computer. Windows 7 64 bit. I just installed bsplayer too. I doubt alpha blending is 0 cause it works when I turn off that new mode function. But then it just shows on the clip itself, which is very annoying. Version 2.58 yeah.
Old 7th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

I downloaded that new beta from that thread you gave, and now it works. Must have had that bug. Thanks alot though!
Old 7th December 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsixa View Post
...I doubt alpha blending is 0 cause it works when I turn off that new mode function....
Note you needn't doubt as you can see and set alpha blending value yourself (using a slider from 0 to 100%) under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > OSD.
And it could have made a difference as in 'old' OSD-mode alpha blending works only with VMR/EVR-rendering, whereas in new OSD-mode it works with all renderers except those with 'overlay'.
Anyhow, all that isn't of any relevance as it appears you were simply using version 2.58.1058 which had a bug in OSD-mode.
Glad that installing the new 1060β build has solved your problem!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
osd, show