Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th December 2023
BS.Player Newbie

Vijetnamac is on a distinguished road
Default Freeze on start and when close bs player

I saw one thread about it, but no one offer any solution. I have powerfull PC, so cant be performance problem. On every start i see like one sec lag, then on closing player its same lag, little freeze. But, i am clicking every day on tens of videos, so its very anoying. I recently reinstalled Win, so basicaly BS player was first app installed for my pc, and its not problem interfering with other programs or setting. I tried everything (last version) including every video rendering, codecs, checking in general options...but on every close i see again lag, dissapeared mouse for two sec and whatever i tried doesnt work. Any solutions? I also set different priority, no changes.
Old 7th December 2023
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Go to options-> preferences -> video -> rendering and try different settings for video rendering.
Try to keep codecs to a minimum, LAV Filters should play about any video file.
Old 9th December 2023
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
Go to options-> preferences -> video -> rendering and try different settings for video rendering.
Try to keep codecs to a minimum, LAV Filters should play about any video file.
I did, i installed only lav filters and run few videos. Also i already tried different rendering, as i said in first post. I am sure i tried more then 30 combinations of rendering/versions/windows tweaks and nothing helped.

I use win 10 pro

I run vlc, allplayers, windows media etc and they starts fine, on closing it close normal...there is only problem with bs player...i also tried compatibility tab, set win 7,8 on installation pack and on already installed program

I would even do clean windows installation but i did it few days ago, it couldnt be problem...its updated to to 2h2 last v.

I have never problem that program lag on closing so dont know where to start with searching problem...
Old 9th December 2023
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Some time ago there were some posts with the same problem, caused by antivirus. Try to disable for a test.
Old 10th December 2023
BS.Player Newbie

Not caused by antivirus, i tried with disabled antivirus
Old 28th December 2023
BS.Player Newbie

I guess Boris left IT forever and we cant expect anything new from BS Player.
Old 16th January 2024
BS.Player Newbie

ShadowRogue is on a distinguished road

Tried all the usual fixes, like you mentioned. What finally did the trick for me was tweaking some settings in the Nvidia control panel. Specifically, I messed around with the Power Management Mode. Set it to "Prefer Maximum Performance," and that seemed to sort it out.
Old 25th January 2024
BS.Player Newbie

Mckayla Ellison is on a distinguished road

Tweaking settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, such as adjusting the Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance," can indeed have a significant impact on graphics performance and stability. Sometimes, these settings can make a notable difference in resolving graphical glitches or performance-related problems.
Old 10th February 2024
BS.Player Newbie

Swedaniel is on a distinguished road

Any unknow codecs/codecs pack that have been installed without your knowledge that might cause issues?

Have tried disable the history of recently played files?

If your Media Library contain alot of videos, have tried closing the Media Library before closing the player so that it wont be started together with the player on next launch, allso from within the Media Library there is an function "Extended View" which will load previews of videos in the library which may cause delays, if enabled have you tried disable it?

In the settings allso can click an button "Optimize database" for the media library and allso settings "Build Thumbnails in Background".

Have tried add BsPlayer as an trusted app in the Windows Defender?

Tags
close, freeze, player