Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jsmile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bug opening xvid

Have encountered a weird bug associated with Xvid files:

- If I just open BSplayer, and then open a file encoded in xvid (avi/ogm/or mkv), it will indefinitely hang, refuses to ctrl-alt-del, and must be hard-rebooted.

- If I open a file encoded in something else (mpg/divx/wmv9/etc), close it, and THEN open a file encoded in Xvid, it works just fine.

I'm using XviD-1.0.1, but have also tried 1.0 RC3. Did a clean install about 2 weeks ago, and am using a relatively small amount of codecs (xvid/divx5.1.1/wmv9/and an mpeg2 decoder are all the 3rd party codecs i've installed, plus the usual audio, aac/ogg/ac3filter/etc).

Running win98se, P4 2.8, asus P4P-800E, 1gb, R9600 w/latest cat 4.3, dx9b.

Obviously, everything renders fine using gspot/etc, but just hangs for some reason if i don't open another file first. I've also experimented using different overlays, but they all seem to have the same result.

[EDIT]: using build 809 currently, but have replicated bug using build 805 also. Xvid opens fine on the first try using WMP 6.4.
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Is "Support Generic Mpeg-4" under "Quality Settings" tab of DivX Decoder's properties selected or deselected?
([Start] > Programs > DivX > DivX Codec > Decoder Configuration Utility)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

DivX: support generic mpeg-4 is deselected.
Xvid: DivX, DX50, MP4vX are deselected also.

I'd forgotten about those, will have to mess around with them a bit, thanks for quick reply.
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bug opening xvid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmile
I've also experimented using different overlays, but they all seem to have the same result.
Just checking: (assuming that you probably needn't "Disable YV12 format" for your graphics-card) you did also include "Use VMR-9" in those experiments, or...?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 2nd July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

facff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Same Problem

I am exactly with the same problem.

My conf.
P III 700, Win ME 2 ED
Codecs: DivX 5.11 only
Player: BSplayer 1.00 RC1 Build 809

I already try to uncheck the generic support in the divx's 5.11 decoder utility and not worked.

When playing another file and play the xvid again the player play without problems. Otherwise I have to shutdown the computer manually.

Any help?
Old 2nd July 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

So you don't have another MPEG4 decoder on your computer. YOu should install XviD 1.01 because newly encoded movies do have compatibility problems even with older XviD releases.
Old 3rd July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default XviD Bug

Thanks for the help!

I already installed the XviD 1.01 decoder but didn't work.

I disabled the generic support of mpg-4 from DIvX 5.11 Decoder Utility and the FourCC Support from XviD Configuration. So the DivX files are decoded by DivX 5.11 and XviD files by XviD decoder.

Thanks.
Old 5th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I mucked around a bit with the divx/xvid configs, but couldn't seem to get the problem resolved that way. I then decided that this would be a good opportunity to make the upgrade to winxp, and I've not experienced the problem since then, but thanks for the suggestions :)
Old 5th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default DivX Bug (worked for me)

I solved this intalling ffdshow decoding filter (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow) together with DivX 5.1.1 (http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe) and XviD 1.0.1 (http://www.roeder.goe.net/cgi-bin/fe...1-05062004.exe) codecs.

In DivX's Decoder Utility (start/programs/divx/divx codec) in quality settings disable Support Generic Mpeg-4.

In XviD's Configure Decoder (start/programs/xvid/configure decoder) disable all fourCC support for DIVX, DX50, mp4v

So the divx files will be play by DivX 5.11 codec and the XviD players by XviD codec instead generic or support ones.

There is no changes in ffdshow decode filter

Tags
opening, xvid